This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - A New Beginning

#41Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/10/2013 6:36:19 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
someone explain to me, how do mmos work on console? Keyboards are pretty important in these types of games.

FINAL FANTASY XIV is being created with a controller in mind as a first priority.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#42antoinejonesPosted 1/10/2013 7:14:17 AM
servb0ts posted...
I was Excited about this until I learned SE will be Overcharging us PS3 gamers.

Old players subscription cost $9.99 per month
New players subscription cost $14.99 per month

If you buy this game you will pay $4.99 more than everyone else, forever.

Ripoff

Basicly given PC gamer the ones who had a chance to play FFXIV a $5 discount forever, while those of us who would of played it Day 1 on PS3 and never got a chance to have to play FFXIV but wanted to will pay $5 bucks more.

Game isn't even out and already SE doing favortism. Which is just plain wrong on many accounts.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php

yeah lets completely forget the 12.99 option for new players.... oooo 3-5 dollars more -gasp-
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#43antoinejonesPosted 1/10/2013 7:19:24 AM
servb0ts posted...
Tiael posted...
And I paid about $18 for FFXI with mules, I'll pay $15 for ARR, considering the legacy thing is a bonus for people who actually played the original version.
If nobody played it, they wouldn't have remade the game from the ground up in ARR.

But I recognize you from the ARR board.

We have differing opinions on the matter, but to each their own.

If they would of gave PS3 a chance, we would of played it just like PC games. hell mines been payed off preorderd at gamespot almost 2 years.

We will continue to agree to disagree, but its still favortism to PC people who already played the game vs people who wanted of played the game Day 1 on PS3 but never even got the chance to even try it.

I don't see how people can accept this unless its them geting the discount and they don't care. This is the wrong way about it if SE wants to bring in new PS3 gamers to FFXIV ARR.

umm they can accept this because 15 bucks is STANDARD pay to play MMO price... i paid 16 bucks a month with my mules on FFXI.. also the ACTUAL standards price is 12.99 a month on FFXIV (which is what FFXI costs) which gives you 1 character per server.. the 14.99 is idf you want 8 characters per server... which.. if you need THAT many something is wrong with you... so yeah the standards price is 12.99 not 14.99

also again thats the standard price of MMO... now if ALL MMOs costs 9.99 and thus 9.99 was the standard price but FFXIV only charged 9.99 to legacy players but 14.99 to everyone else THEN i could understand your whining..

but all SE is doing is giving legacy players a 5 dollar discount while everyoen else pays STANDARD mmo prices
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#44Taran_McDohlPosted 1/10/2013 8:11:47 AM
Do not care what they charge..i look forward to this game. Also you should only need 1 character...changing weapons changes your class...so no need to make a new character for a new class. That is one of the things that made ff11 awesome. You did not lose friends list..you did not have to make a new name...you just went to town and changed your class.
---
An excuse is the sauce fools spoon over failure to hide the flavor of their own incompetence.
PSN: Taran_Omega / Steam ID: tpanciera
#45theshovellerPosted 1/10/2013 8:43:20 AM
Taran_McDohl posted...
Do not care what they charge..i look forward to this game. Also you should only need 1 character...changing weapons changes your class...so no need to make a new character for a new class. That is one of the things that made ff11 awesome. You did not lose friends list..you did not have to make a new name...you just went to town and changed your class.

Yeah, but some people are altaholics, like myself. Who cares if one character can do everything - some people like having this guy be your swordsman, and this guy be your monk, and this girl be your white mage, and so on and so forth.

That's honestly what suckered me into buying the old version early and paying for three months of time right before the cutoff - the fact that it's a cheaper sub for 8 characters on the same server.
#46the_great_tidusPosted 1/10/2013 8:50:16 AM
MMOs are silly and lol at subscription fees. FF series needs to go back to how it was with FF7 and FF10 when it was good. These stupid FF13 games and FF14 MMO are trash and killing the respect that the series had.
---
Ni No Kuni Wizards Edition master race ^_^
Sony Wins Again
#47theshovellerPosted 1/10/2013 8:53:30 AM
the_great_tidus posted...
MMOs are silly and lol at subscription fees. FF series needs to go back to how it was with FF7 and FF10 when it was good. These stupid FF13 games and FF14 MMO are trash and killing the respect that the series had.

I thought 10 was horrible and was the "start" of the decline, personally. But it was also when I started getting outof the whole genre for the most part, so it could be that, too.
#48_Shikoba_Posted 1/10/2013 9:04:13 AM
Looking forward to it. I played the PC version when it released off and on and got legacy status. The game improved a lot since it's start and I am pretty excited for A Realm Reborn. Not to mention the game had a great community (which might change with a wider audience, but who knows.)

I'm glad PS3 players will be able to get their hands on the game finally. The PS3 could use a good MMO.
---
Nintendo Network: Shikoba
PSN: Bad_Brains
#49Tiael(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 9:06:21 AM
theshoveller posted...
the_great_tidus posted...

I thought 10 was horrible and was the "start" of the decline, personally. But it was also when I started getting outof the whole genre for the most part, so it could be that, too.

And I think XI, despite being an MMO, has one of the better stories, soundtracks, world, cast of characters and lore rivaling the single player games, and XII was another personal favorite.
I enjoyed XIII, but I feel those were a decline.

XIV was a bust, but I feel ARR will turn it around considering the new team involved, Yoshi-P and actually listening to the fans for the reboot.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#50ShineboxerPosted 1/10/2013 9:07:10 AM
nintendogamer13 posted...
someone explain to me, how do mmos work on console? Keyboards are pretty important in these types of games.

FINAL FANTASY XIV is being created with a controller in mind as a first priority.

It's already off to a bad start.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD