This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

never played a Tales game. is Graces F a good place to start?

#21The_Pig_Hostage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 1:12:00 AM
HIroChu posted...
The_Pig_Hostage posted...
So I watched a video review and I pretty much couldn't stop cringing at the dialogue/VA.

"Everyone thinks we should leave through the butt. Let's look for the butt, Cheria. It's the only way."

O_O

Say what?

This comes off like a really bad anime... But maybe they just chose the worst/cheesiest parts for the video.

Spoilers (I guess)

They were eaten by a giant monster. I personally thought that was a funny skit

I figured the context was something like that. Still just seemed really awkwardly written/delivered, like bad anime.
#22peter_888Posted 1/9/2013 2:18:44 AM
HIroChu posted...
So I watched a video review and I pretty much couldn't stop cringing at the dialogue/VA.

"Everyone thinks we should leave through the butt. Let's look for the butt, Cheria. It's the only way."

O_O

Say what?

This comes off like a really bad anime... But maybe they just chose the worst/cheesiest parts for the video.

Spoilers (I guess)

They were eaten by a giant monster. I personally thought that was a funny skit

I figured the context was something like that. Still just seemed really awkwardly written/delivered, like bad anime.

ehh I found that skit absolutely hilarious(and also the game can be pretty funny when it wants to be) . but I guess opinions.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#23TehAssasinPosted 1/9/2013 2:37:55 AM
Yes and no.

Yes if you are the kind of gamer who can tolerate older graphics and gameplay from previous Tales titles, thus you can easily visit these older games after Graces F.

No because Tales of Graces F is one of the newer Tales titles, and thus having updated visuals and it has basically the best battle system (imo), making older titles much less interesting in terms of combat.
#24blablablax17Posted 1/9/2013 2:40:52 AM
if you have a 3ds, try out Tales of the Abyss. it was my first one and i loved it
also, vesperia is great as well
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '06.
#25Sand_FlarePosted 1/9/2013 3:05:43 AM(edited)

Actually, in the context of the game, that's a hilarious gag. Only more funny because it's coming out of Sophie's mouth (Sophie has a unique way of talking, which may be why it sounded odd to you), but it's supposed to sound like that. And that line in particular was pulled off just right.
---
http://i.minus.com/iRU5CxFLZArl5.gif
#26The_Pig_Hostage(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 7:56:05 AM
Sand_Flare posted...

Actually, in the context of the game, that's a hilarious gag. Only more funny because it's coming out of Sophie's mouth (Sophie has a unique way of talking, which may be why it sounded odd to you), but it's supposed to sound like that. And that line in particular was pulled off just right.

Fair enough. I guess I'll give it the benefit of the doubt.