This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Metal Gear Twin Snakes for 40 bucks or wait for a remake?

#1Matrix is pooPosted 1/7/2013 9:34:06 AM
I have the Metal Gear HD collection, im planning on playing all the games this month. Only one im missing is Metal Gear Solid.

Im debating whether or not I should get Twin Snakes. I have a Wii so I would need to buy a gamecube controller as well.

Its 40 bucks used and 109 new!

Should I get Twin Snakes or should I just wait for a Metal Gear Solid Remake?

---
'''Matrix is Poo is da bomb!' -Matrix is Poo'' - Matrix Is Poo
#2ManuKesnaPosted 1/7/2013 9:34:43 AM
mgs from the store
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#3AnonUnknownPosted 1/7/2013 9:36:06 AM
there won't be another MGS remake anytime soon, go for Twin Snakes.
---
PSN ID: Lance_87 (if you already added me in the past, do it again, i've lost all contacts for unknown reasons)
#4RJP_XPosted 1/7/2013 9:37:45 AM
You could get a PSN card and get the original MGS as digital for 10$. I luckily found that remake at a movie store 4 or 5 years ago for 6$ while it was selling expensively on Amazon.
---
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano
#5MadDewgPosted 1/7/2013 9:41:00 AM
ManuKesna posted...
mgs from the store

This. Even though I own and have beaten twin snakes a few times, I still prefer the original playstation version overall. They really nailed it with the voice acting in the original, lol.
---
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.
#6SmoshCuchPosted 1/7/2013 9:52:49 AM
Why play a remake if you don't have to? Get the original MGS.
#7William_18Posted 1/7/2013 10:02:05 AM
I say get the original off the PSN (like what everyone else is saying). I love The Twin Snakes and it is totally worth the $40 but if you're not a big Metal Gear fan then just get MGS1 for $10 off the PSN.

If you end up liking the game a lot then go back and buy The Twin Snakes.
---
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.
#8656stoogePosted 1/7/2013 10:04:56 AM
Seeing as MGS4 uses the Twin Snakes accents it might be less jarring to play that instead of the original.

Don't forget you need a memory card too TC. Don't get a 1000 block one as the Wii has issues with them. Also, try and get a white Japanese controller because it has a 3 metre cable. I got one for Christmas for $29 brand new. 256 memory cards are around $16.

Anyway, just don't get the copy of TTS I've got my eye on because I'm getting it next pay day! : )
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8