This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I buy Metal Gear Twin Snakes for 40 bucks or wait for a remake?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should I buy Metal Gear Twin Snakes for 40 bucks or wait for a remake?

User Info: Matrix is poo

Matrix is poo
4 years ago#1
I have the Metal Gear HD collection, im planning on playing all the games this month. Only one im missing is Metal Gear Solid.

Im debating whether or not I should get Twin Snakes. I have a Wii so I would need to buy a gamecube controller as well.

Its 40 bucks used and 109 new!

Should I get Twin Snakes or should I just wait for a Metal Gear Solid Remake?

'''Matrix is Poo is da bomb!' -Matrix is Poo'' - Matrix Is Poo

User Info: ManuKesna

ManuKesna
4 years ago#2
mgs from the store
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna

User Info: AnonUnknown

AnonUnknown
4 years ago#3
there won't be another MGS remake anytime soon, go for Twin Snakes.
PSN ID: Lance_87 (if you already added me in the past, do it again, i've lost all contacts for unknown reasons)

User Info: RJP_X

RJP_X
4 years ago#4
You could get a PSN card and get the original MGS as digital for 10$. I luckily found that remake at a movie store 4 or 5 years ago for 6$ while it was selling expensively on Amazon.
"That's pimpish, pass the Mack 10 to my apprentice
While I get a pen and pad to print this" -Roc Marciano

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
4 years ago#5
ManuKesna posted...
mgs from the store

This. Even though I own and have beaten twin snakes a few times, I still prefer the original playstation version overall. They really nailed it with the voice acting in the original, lol.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg Playin' bayonetta, dungeon fighter live, gears of war 3, tales of graces, borderlands, dust: an elysian tail.

User Info: SmoshCuch

SmoshCuch
4 years ago#6
Why play a remake if you don't have to? Get the original MGS.

User Info: William_18

William_18
4 years ago#7
I say get the original off the PSN (like what everyone else is saying). I love The Twin Snakes and it is totally worth the $40 but if you're not a big Metal Gear fan then just get MGS1 for $10 off the PSN.

If you end up liking the game a lot then go back and buy The Twin Snakes.
PSN: Kaminari2
If you don't believe in Jesus Christ, put this in your Sig.

User Info: 656stooge

656stooge
4 years ago#8
Seeing as MGS4 uses the Twin Snakes accents it might be less jarring to play that instead of the original.

Don't forget you need a memory card too TC. Don't get a 1000 block one as the Wii has issues with them. Also, try and get a white Japanese controller because it has a 3 metre cable. I got one for Christmas for $29 brand new. 256 memory cards are around $16.

Anyway, just don't get the copy of TTS I've got my eye on because I'm getting it next pay day! : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Should I buy Metal Gear Twin Snakes for 40 bucks or wait for a remake?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived