This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How wide are your gaming tastes?

#21theshovellerPosted 1/7/2013 12:36:56 PM
I play pretty much everything except sports games, racing games, and any shooter that has a modern-day military realistic setting / theme. Sounds like I'm targeting the newer Call of Duties with that, and it's mostly true with few exceptions - Army of Two might be one of the few exceptions.

I like shooters, though. Just not competitive ones - I like co-op.
#22Evel138Posted 1/7/2013 12:43:38 PM
Everything except games featuring traditional, team sports (basketball, baseball, etc) as I have no interest in the real thing either.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#23AydarkzeroPosted 1/7/2013 12:45:36 PM
Just about everything although rts games don't really interest me so much
---
Change the world?, Sounds like Maverick talk to me!
#24peter_888Posted 1/7/2013 12:52:01 PM
rpgs is my fav genre but i play a good amount of other genre as well. the only genre I probably don't play is sports, rts, and mmos.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#25banianmPosted 1/7/2013 12:53:33 PM
RPGs, Mostly JRPGs
Rhythm games
Visual Novels
Adventure Games
Survival Horror that feel like Adventure games.
??? genre games (Katamari Damacy)
Any game with world building and management (like Anno)
"Communication Games" (Animal Crossing)
#26SightoPosted 1/7/2013 12:59:46 PM
I play every genre, but some more than others.
I've spent less time on WRPGs this gen since they've gone downhill since moving to consoles.
---
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/15/15988000/ngbbs47fa102e7660f.gif
#27shawnmckPosted 1/7/2013 1:01:25 PM
I started off with Platformers as well, as they were what was dominant at the time (NES, SNES, etc).
But as genres started being widely supported with the advancements of new hardware then I began experimenting with them all.
Today I play plenty of FPS, TPS, WRPG's, ARPG's, Action, Sandbox....and the occasional Racing & Fighting, as well as RTS games.
I personally can't stand JRPG's...but that's just because it doesn't cater to my preferences.
And I am referring to JRPG's in the traditional sense (Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc).

So I would consider my tastes broader than the average gamer, but not as wide as some others.
But hey...I DON'T knock anyone for their tastes in video-games, no matter how wide or narrow. People should play what they like.
I respect people's personal tastes in games & genres, but likewise I expect them to respect mine (even if it differs from theirs).
#28Ebak_the_catPosted 1/7/2013 7:18:44 PM
I play pretty much anything with the except for sports games although I do enjoy a match on the WWE games.

My interests in games have always been widespread, I rarely criticise a game and try and look for the best in every game before I condemn it...then there are games like X-Men Destiny which deserves a very special place in the depths of hell (if such a place exists).

Joking asside I play pretty much anything, I enjoy FPS games, Platformers, Action/Adventure games, Puzzle Games, Racing games. Looking at my large shelf of games and reading left to right does show a wide interest.

Naturally there are always exceptions, educational games for example, I don't play them because I have no need to, but during my first year of uni we had to make an educational game so that meant I had to play some. Wasn't exactly a thrilling experience, but I get the point my lecturers were trying to point out.

It's always good to have a wide taste in gaming, otherwise your view of what gaming is becomes very narrowminded and judgemental.
---
Video Game Design Graduate - University Campus Suffolk - Class of 2012