This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesnt Sony make a "smart glass" type app for the ps3?

#1iZanzabarPosted 1/7/2013 12:39:13 PM
like the one the xbox has?

it would be awesome
---
stuff
#2este914Posted 1/7/2013 12:45:35 PM
no
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#3theshovellerPosted 1/7/2013 12:48:50 PM
I was thinking about this.

Wii U has their gamepad controller, right? Xbox has their Smartglass thing. PS3 could use the Vita, I guess, but if they somehow made it work with Android and iOS things too, then that could be kinda cool.

You know, optional crap. Not mandatory, and not anything that reduces the entire experience tenfold or something, but - for example - if you were playing the latest Jak and Daxter, and someone mentions something that happened in a previous game, then while the cutscene was playing out, on your device (whatever it may be) you could see the thing happening (maybe without volume, though - just like a flashback.)
#4regsantotomasPosted 1/7/2013 12:50:58 PM
Sony's solution is called Remote Play on the PSP. Perhaps that will get an extension on the Vita for next-gen or not.

It is unlikely that they will come out with a solution that plays nice with other manufacturers as this goes against their modus operandi.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#5este914Posted 1/7/2013 12:52:24 PM
Remote Play on the Vita is not the same at all... games/apps/etc lag.. no sound... it's good but only to a certain extent
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#6s0uR ToFuPosted 1/7/2013 12:55:51 PM
theres an app in android market called blueput droid
---
http://shoe-nuff.blogspot.com, http://life-on-ten.tumblr.com
#7RyuuHou25Posted 1/7/2013 12:58:32 PM
No. For the love of god, how many damn devices do you people need to play a ****** game??

Why don't they just release monopoly, with a physical board, but NOTHING on it but those stupid scan bars for phones, and you just scan the start, everyone chooses their own game piece on their phone, and everything is controlled through the phone!!

What is the thought process behind people like this when you turn on your console?

"Going to play me some Uncharted, and oh man, I have to check my facebook to keep up with my friends while playing, and get my headset to chat with my friends online playing something else, and oh, I have to check up on special tidbits and podcasts about Uncharted at the same time, and I need a net browser to look up maps, and I would love to change my PS3 avatar while playing, and then I need an app to commit suicide because HOLY ****!!"

Play. The. Game.

That's it.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#8regsantotomasPosted 1/7/2013 1:03:20 PM
este914 posted...
Remote Play on the Vita is not the same at all... games/apps/etc lag.. no sound... it's good but only to a certain extent

I understand that it's not the same but functionality can be expanded. Whether that will actually happen or not is unknown but is unlikely for PS3. It would be interesting if they standardize such a feature in the next generation Sony console.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#9shawnmckPosted 1/7/2013 1:05:08 PM
Who says they haven't..?

We know next to nothing about the PS4...so its possible that they might just come out with something similar.

It could also be that MS has a patent on "smart-glass", so it forces Sony to come up with something a bit different that can't be too similar, otherwise it opens them up to a lawsuit.

My guess is that Sony will come up with something similar to the Wii-U, and have a tablet like device.

^ But I could be wrong.
#10GoodOlWanduPosted 1/7/2013 1:06:05 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
No. For the love of god, how many damn devices do you people need to play a ****** game??

Why don't they just release monopoly, with a physical board, but NOTHING on it but those stupid scan bars for phones, and you just scan the start, everyone chooses their own game piece on their phone, and everything is controlled through the phone!!

What is the thought process behind people like this when you turn on your console?

"Going to play me some Uncharted, and oh man, I have to check my facebook to keep up with my friends while playing, and get my headset to chat with my friends online playing something else, and oh, I have to check up on special tidbits and podcasts about Uncharted at the same time, and I need a net browser to look up maps, and I would love to change my PS3 avatar while playing, and then I need an app to commit suicide because HOLY ****!!"

Play. The. Game.

That's it.

Lol at this guy but i agree with him. I dont need a device to multitask things that i dont care about. That just ruins the game experience.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187