This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why doesnt Sony make a "smart glass" type app for the ps3?

#41Tidus41390Posted 1/7/2013 3:13:04 PM
The reason is because it's the stupidest idea ever conceived. If my attention is being drawn away from the game towards my phone or tablet, immersion has been lost and the game is officially worthless.
---
CPU: i5 2500k 3.4GHz, GPU: Radeon HD 7970, SSD: Crucial M4 512GB, HDD: WDCB 7200RPM 500GB, RAM: 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, PSU: Seasonic X750W
#423D3Posted 1/7/2013 3:16:22 PM
Because nobody uses it.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#43ShineboxerPosted 1/7/2013 5:10:13 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Shineboxer posted...
We don't need another gimmick glad Sony is not doing it.

Things that Sony do as gimmicks, always fail.

Eyetoy
Sixaxis
Move

All failure.

But it works for MS and Kinect.

Kinect 2.0 already confirmed for xbox 720.

The problem is that Sony doesn't support a damn thing. look at the failure vita. Sony loves to leave things unfinished and quits. Kind of like those fat people I saw the first day of the year at the gym. They meant well and came in nobly, but I will never see them anymore by next week.

Pathetic

Yeah, even with PS2 and PSP, they always abandon those camera things pretty quickly. Sixaxis thankfully was not forced and is an optional thing for people who want that usually.

And yeah, I knew Move would be pretty much useless right off the bat, but I was surprised they didn't support it with continual games for it, it actually did pretty well in sales apparently. Instead it's relegated to "move support" in some games and nothing more.

The Vita could still come back IF they get their act together and get more games on a continual basis and fix the pricing issues with it. I'm planning on picking one up myself regardless for some games on there, namely P4G, and with Plus support now that's another incentive. Would not surprise me if it doesn't pull through somehow though.

To be fair, MS ditched the VisionCam really fast

The people playing Uno would disagree with you.