This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If Capcom goes bankrupt would anyone miss them?

#1-Damien-Posted 1/7/2013 5:54:31 PM
Given how they're one of the most hated publishers out there nowadays up there with EA and their game sale number is not doing too good. So if they go bankrupt, would you miss them or you'd wish them good riddance?
#2agrissaPosted 1/7/2013 5:55:38 PM
Good riddance.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#3Evil_GogetaPosted 1/7/2013 5:57:52 PM
I would miss them, they have loads of good franchises!
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#4ReloadedPosted 1/7/2013 5:58:59 PM
After this generation? Nope.
---
"When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground."
#5ZombiDeadZombiPosted 1/7/2013 5:59:05 PM
-Damien- posted...
Given how they're one of the most hated publishers out there with a small percentage of people on Gamefaq's up there with EA, and their game sale number is not doing too good in my opinion but what do i know. So if they go bankrupt, would you miss them or you'd wish them good riddance?

Fixed that for you.
#6este914Posted 1/7/2013 5:59:08 PM
Maybe yes, maybe no. They did make my favorite original game series though (Resident Evil)
---
--> [ este914 ] <--
The One & Only !
#7The_BonesPosted 1/7/2013 5:59:11 PM
I don't think I'd care. Capcom is nowhere near as good of a company as they used to be.
#8CorathTheHungPosted 1/7/2013 6:00:42 PM
Since there's "No Hope Left" for them to make their series' good anymore, I wouldn't care in the slightest. They deserve to for their DLC practices alone, truly disgusting.
#9TheCyborgNinjaPosted 1/7/2013 6:00:58 PM
It depends who their franchises are auctioned off to. If it winds up like this, then great:

Mega Man -> Nintendo
Resident Evil -> Sony
Onimusha -> Koei-Tecmo
Street Fighter -> Namco-Bandai
Dead Rising -> Square-Enix
Darkstalkers -> Arc System Works
Breath of Fire -> NIS

Unfortunately, they'd probably all get snapped up by Activision and EA and completely ruined beyond repair.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#10AlltraPosted 1/7/2013 6:03:39 PM(edited)
No, although I might miss some of their franchises if they should disappear with them.

Although, if they have to liquidate franchises like THQ, that might be a good thing, because then we might see new games for old franchises like Breath of Fire.

..and {Bleep} the idea of NIS getting ahold of BoF, holy hell would that be a disaster of epic proportions. They'd ruin the series, and it would be like every other NIS title: Corny, campy, kiddy, grind heavy trash.
---
I sometimes feel as though life is a curse that has been placed on the living. I envy the unborn at times.