This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What will Sony buy at the THQ auction you think?

#1SophisticationPosted 1/7/2013 10:49:14 PM
They have a few IP that are worth owning and sinking some resources in to see if they could garner a larger fanbase for sure.

Red Faction
Saints row
Conan
WWE

Are a few I'd like to see Sony take a stab at... well, not WWE -- wrestling is for butter twisters. But I'd love to see someone take on Conan from Sony and release it opposite years to God of War... Which is getting stale.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#2justchill433Posted 1/7/2013 10:52:26 PM
I'd like to see them take Darksiders. It would be a good addition to their stable of games.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 10:55:37 PM
Part of me wants Sony to buy some of these IP... like a Darksiders even -- but I don't think they will buy anything. Reason being, number one reason, Sony has created everyone of their IP in house from the ground up... Even Crash and Spyro were commissioned by Sony via Universal for Sony... So even those, under technicality, were still created for Sony.

I don't see Sony walking into pre-existing IP and claiming them. They like to create their own way it seems...
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
#4methosagainPosted 1/7/2013 10:55:39 PM
I predict Sony buys none
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#5qwertyMrJINXPosted 1/7/2013 10:59:03 PM
Auction?

Ehh, Saint's Row, I suppose. It's the only THQ franchise I've cared about since... ever, actually.
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#6methosagainPosted 1/7/2013 11:01:34 PM
Sophistication posted...
Part of me wants Sony to buy some of these IP... like a Darksiders even -- but I don't think they will buy anything. Reason being, number one reason, Sony has created everyone of their IP in house from the ground up... Even Crash and Spyro were commissioned by Sony via Universal for Sony... So even those, under technicality, were still created for Sony.

I don't see Sony walking into pre-existing IP and claiming them. They like to create their own way it seems...

Not 100% true, what about the Wipeout series?
---
Law of the universe states the strong shall survive and the weak fall by the way, I don't give a damn what idealistic plan is cooked up, nothing changes that
#7Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 11:04:24 PM
methosagain posted...
Sophistication posted...

Not 100% true, what about the Wipeout series?

Do they own that, though? I thought they just bought the developers... That's a different scenario here completely. This isn't buying a developer. This is buying an IP from a publisher... I think they also own Working Designs Alundra, too. But, again, that is different.
---
#8sinncrossPosted 1/7/2013 11:06:21 PM
I say deBlob should be something cheap they can get.

they can work off a PSV series of it or something.

Red Faction seems like something they can get too.

I doubt they will be able to touch the rest now will they care if its all 3rd party publishers.
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#9Chocobo115Posted 1/7/2013 11:09:06 PM
As long as Nintendo or Microsoft don't buy Darksiders I'm fine.
#10Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 11:10:50 PM
IGN said the buyer of Saints Row will get the developers, too... Which means Sony could potentially do it. I can see them, like IGN said, buying Saints Row with Volition. But would Sony hand the IP over to the Getaway developers? That's what would worry me.
---