This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who made better games this generation Japanese or Western?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Who made better games this generation Japanese or Western?
3 years ago#1
Who made better games this generation - Results (214 votes)
Japanese devs
40.19% (86 votes)
Western devs
59.81% (128 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd have to go with Japanese imo those atelier games are pretty kawaii.
3 years ago#2
i cant think of any good western games besides god of war 3, walking dead, double dragon neon, max payne, and mortal kombat.

japan for me had shinobi 3ds, virtua fighter 5 final showdown, no more heroes, madworld, kid icarus uprising, paper mario wii/3ds, yakuza, nier, ninja gaiden, sonic generations, binary domain, and so many more, i dont want to make my post way to long
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
3 years ago#3
Easily Western developers. Japan is just becoming less and less relevant. The Japanophiles on this board are in huge denial about it but it's pretty clear Japan just isn't anywhere near what it once was in the gaming industry. They should just stick with kiddy handhelds and stop putting out their garbage on consoles.
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
3 years ago#4
My absolute favourites this generation were.... Super Mario Galaxy, Xenoblade, Pokemon Black/White, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time, Zelda: Skyward Sword, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep.

Jap: 6
West: 1

We have a clear winner.
---
http://i47.tinypic.com/2me5xv.jpg
3 years ago#5
shinobi 3ds

Not to butt in, but that's a Griptonite game. Griptonite is not Japanese.
3 years ago#6
TheWarHorse posted...
Easily Western developers. Japan is just becoming less and less relevant. The Japanophiles on this board are in huge denial about it but it's pretty clear Japan just isn't anywhere near what it once was in the gaming industry. They should just stick with kiddy handhelds and stop putting out their garbage on consoles.

QFT. Good Japanese games are now the exception rather than the rule. Nintendo, Platinum games and a few others still get it right but overall the big names like Square have gone down hill. Western games exploded this generation with the dominance of games like CoD, Borderlands, and most wrpgs.
3 years ago#7
I'd agree without the acerbic last bit. I don't know what the actual trigger was, rising costs of development probably, but Japan's really fallen off the radar by and large. It's not dead or anything or even in danger of becoming such, but it has become both much less prolific and much more insular than it has been in the past.
3 years ago#8
spectermaster14 posted...
shinobi 3ds

Not to butt in, but that's a Griptonite game. Griptonite is not Japanese.

your right, i forgot, i was just thinkin that shinobi is sega
---
DONT BELIEVE ONDORES LIES!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iunm0CyVSf4
3 years ago#9
Off-topic topic is not on topic.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
3 years ago#10
Anyone who says Japanese is lying to themselves.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. Who made better games this generation Japanese or Western?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived