This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who made better games this generation Japanese or Western?

#81Devilman_AmonPosted 1/8/2013 1:01:49 PM(edited)
Godly_Goof posted...

.... I find people like you sad. If some one hates on science that automatically makes them stereotypical opinionated christians?

Never mind how science used to tell us that, drinking and using lead based products was awesome, cocaine and mercury were the cure all medicines, that all infections and diseases are based on blood levels, and that women are in every way inferior to men. Ya because it couldn't be because of any of that >.>

Oh and DDT based everything! Don't worry parents it's totally safe! Because scientists said so! And asbestos, the best thing ever!

Go live here and leave me alone
http://www.yesicanusechopsticks.com/capsule/
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#82JurmsturPosted 1/8/2013 1:05:37 PM
Western for sure.
#83theshovellerPosted 1/8/2013 1:08:45 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

.... I find people like you sad. If some one hates on science that automatically makes them stereotypical opinionated christians?

Never mind how science used to tell us that, drinking and using lead based products was awesome, cocaine and mercury were the cure all medicines, that all infections and diseases are based on blood levels, and that women are in every way inferior to men. Ya because it couldn't be because of any of that >.>

Oh and DDT based everything! Don't worry parents it's totally safe! Because scientists said so! And asbestos, the best thing ever!

I gotta agree with him on the "if you don't like science, you must be a religious zealot" mindset being a bad thing. It's like the guy who thought I was somehow racist for countering a "'Murica!" statement with "Euro-peons." There's a middle ground where you're not a zealot in either camp.

Now, as for me, I think science is good and all - sometimes flawed, but I blame that more on the fact that people know nothing (which is why we have science in the first place - to know more.) Lead is good! Well, yeah, because it was a pipe that brought water into your home. Obviously, when we noticed there's a large increase in health problems where lead pipes are used as opposed to other metals, we learn - through science - that lead is best used outside the body.
#84KikuichimonjiPosted 1/8/2013 1:10:16 PM
Number of good games, I'd say western. But far more of my personal favorites each gen always came from the Japanese developers. I have yet to see that pattern change.
---
There's no point telling stupid people that they're stupid. They're too stupid to know that they're stupid. Wasted effort.
#85Godly_GoofPosted 1/8/2013 1:53:14 PM
theshoveller posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

I gotta agree with him on the "if you don't like science, you must be a religious zealot" mindset being a bad thing. It's like the guy who thought I was somehow racist for countering a "'Murica!" statement with "Euro-peons." There's a middle ground where you're not a zealot in either camp.

Now, as for me, I think science is good and all - sometimes flawed, but I blame that more on the fact that people know nothing (which is why we have science in the first place - to know more.) Lead is good! Well, yeah, because it was a pipe that brought water into your home. Obviously, when we noticed there's a large increase in health problems where lead pipes are used as opposed to other metals, we learn - through science - that lead is best used outside the body.

Pretty much, what works one day is not the case the next, Science shouldn't be thought of as a set in stone subject, it's an always changing entity really. We've only gotten as far in science as we have because of the god awful mistakes we've made in the past lol. But always important to learn from the past than to ignore it in favor of new science. It's important to learn to be careful with what you say and do or you could have another catastrophe on your hands.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#86ShinXaguraPosted 1/8/2013 1:57:38 PM
Japanese devs (IMO)
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#87qwertyMrJINXPosted 1/8/2013 2:00:06 PM
How many times a week does this thread need to be made?
---
"You don't need a knife to kill a game maker. Just call it crap." - Piros
#88Devilman_AmonPosted 1/8/2013 2:23:48 PM
Godly_Goof posted...

Pretty much, what works one day is not the case the next, Science shouldn't be thought of as a set in stone subject, it's an always changing entity really. We've only gotten as far in science as we have because of the god awful mistakes we've made in the past lol. But always important to learn from the past than to ignore it in favor of new science. It's important to learn to be careful with what you say and do or you could have another catastrophe on your hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeooHiX4oH0
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#89cavebear56Posted 1/8/2013 2:38:38 PM
ISquat600lbs posted...
Nice generalisation and good job slyly implying that all Europeans are responsible for wars that actually, given the context, only a handful of people were directly responsible for causing (FYI it was the Nazis, a political party, invading Poland and the Japanese invading China that lead to World War Two's escalation and World War One was caused mostly by poor timing involving diplomatic issues and already ongoing conflicts, most of which not even the result of the general population's interests at all). Btw, a "peon" is someone forced to work against their will, if you're going to be a racist then the least you could do is come up with a more insulting and apt slur. Whatever country you're from you were clearly failed by its education system.

Please be overly sensitive. It's hilarious.

When people learn to ignore national pride (like Nietzsche did) you'll learn it isn't the United States or Europe's fault for the state of the world but a collective effort by individuals found throughout the world. Or like many, continue to live in ignorance and an us/them mentality thus dooming humanity to a state of Idiocracy.

Always funny when the Muricans and Euro-peon's get all huffy and puffy over trivial statements.

Science is just like religion it must be continuously challenged, taken with a healthy dose of skepticism and never be taken as absolute. Otherwise a lapse into ignorance is bound to happen, mistakes will (and have been made for both science and religion).

The problem is people don't understand that methodology but science gets more of a free pass simply because it provides tangible rewards such as bracelets, cars and money but still has shown the potential for easier methods of mass killing, pollution and enhancing addictive substances.

Religion ("Buddhism", Judaism, Bahai, etc..) provides less visible rewards such as a strong character, moral compass and a sense of connection and community. Yet it also has improperly used as a method of manipulation, abuse and to spread hate.

The root of both problems is a responsibility of the individual, the ignorance of many on these boards is just proof (regardless of whatever side you swing), it is the human component that causes both science and religion to be misrepresented and wrong (factually and morally).

On topic:

I don't care about picking from a broad generalization such as "East/West" I'd rather look at it with each individual company. So who wants to get the list for that going?
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.