This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend says video games is for lazy out of shape people

#21majin nemesisPosted 1/8/2013 11:37:13 AM
squon8888 posted...
I didnt know but she said video games kills brain cells and lowers your IQ.

*looks at the ps3 board*

she's probably right
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#22PStrifePosted 1/8/2013 11:39:03 AM
Sounds like pretentious personal fitness freaks. Sorry to break the news, but their minds have clearly been made and labelled without much of any experience on the subject.

Brain cells cannot be killed, when you are essentially saving them through actual brain activity whilst playing those games. Physical fitness on the otherhand can easy cause that by sheer accidents.

You keep your brain active, you will stave off the alzheimers. That is the goal.
#23Godly_GoofPosted 1/8/2013 11:39:46 AM
PangLa posted...
It has always been view that way... Except if you play COD than you are one of those "cool" dudebro or hipster.

Ya pretty much this. Im a religious gamer, on top of being a massive Otaku (ya I admit it, though I'm far from being a f**gy weeaboo), and even though I look and act anything but close to the stereotype as soon as people find out how geeky I am they always seemed surprised. It's sad that geeky habits have become way more mainstream but they still carry the same stereotypes
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#24regsantotomasPosted 1/8/2013 11:40:31 AM
Wait. She is a personal trainer and is advocating for - wait for it - exercise?

What a discovery!

I know a plumber who is happy when people's pipes need work. Incredible but true!
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#25riddlebox89Posted 1/8/2013 11:47:50 AM
Then tell her that hitting the gym and sports is for self absorbed tools.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#26glory of power metalPosted 1/8/2013 11:50:55 AM
lol, women
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#27RafedxPosted 1/8/2013 11:51:24 AM
squon8888 posted...
Shes a personal trainer and says people should be spending their time doing sports, hitting the gym and staying active instead of sitting in front of a TV pressing buttons for hours.

Long term rewards is much greater!

Whenever she meets someone who plays games, she said she feels disgusted. I didnt know but she said video games kills brain cells and lowers your IQ. Her husband is a bodybuilder and feels the same!

She pumping some sort of fitness chemical? Only someone who is injecting substances into their body can have their muscles start wrapping around their brains turning them into a walking post with the IQ of a bag of hammers.

TBH, I have been playing games for more or less all of my life. I have a physical job and I was in the military for a long time, sort of hard to be out of shape doing what I do now and what I did.

Games don't kill brain cells and it doesn't lower your IQ. Everything in moderation, tell her roided out husband and her to stick to the gym, no one needs more judgmental idiots walking the streets.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#28Golden MavenPosted 1/8/2013 11:51:33 AM
majin nemesis posted...
squon8888 posted...

*looks at the ps3 board*

she's probably right

hmm

Yep, she's right.
#29shawnmckPosted 1/8/2013 11:54:10 AM
Well, I have rheumatoid Arthritis, and so I CAN'T exercise.
I'm lucky if I can get out of bed.

Playing video-games relieves a lot of stress.
So your friend can go suck it.
#30ChaingunmasterPosted 1/8/2013 11:54:33 AM
Golden Maven posted...
majin nemesis posted...
squon8888 posted...

*looks at the ps3 board*

she's probably right

hmm

Yep, she's right.

She's also a fitness freak with a terrible, small minded attitude towards those who don't use a gym as a place of worship.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88