This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend says video games is for lazy out of shape people

#41higherflyerJPosted 1/8/2013 11:08:00 AM
shawnmck posted...
king_madden posted...
man a lot of hurt people in this topic.

its not a personal shot at any of you, settle down chums. If she has met/seen nothing but chubby guys who love video games, she can make her comment.

people dont have to say "in my opinion" for you to know its just their opinion.

^ And what if I made a topic that was similar, but went like this...

I have a friend who is a devout Christian, and she says that anyone who plays video-games is going to burn in hell....

Would you find that offensive ?

Oh man, I can only imagine the war in that topic.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#42XWolfOPosted 1/8/2013 11:08:23 AM
She

I no longer care.

j/k idc either way
---
It's-a me!
#43TheMcKnightMarePosted 1/8/2013 11:09:49 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
TheMcKnightMare posted...
Tell that to my 405 bench press..

Bench pressing maximum weight is for babies real men go for endurance.

ha ha babies huh... when you say "endurance"... Are you referring to rep range? Cardio?
---
PSN: TheMcKnightMare - Twitter: @TheMcKnightMare
#44theshovellerPosted 1/8/2013 11:11:31 AM
squon8888 posted...
Whenever she meets someone who plays games, she said she feels disgusted. I didnt know but she said video games kills brain cells and lowers your IQ. Her husband is a bodybuilder and feels the same!

Something I read recently showed that playing a variety of games frequently actually helps boost IQ by abut 10 points and assists in warding off the effects of Alzheimer's due to the fact that the mind has to deal with a variety of rules and conditions for every game.

It's similar to doing crossword puzzles when you're older, but instead of doing only crossword puzzles and training your brain to "think" like that, you're doing a crossword one day, then a sudoku the next, then a few brain teasers requiring creative thinking, and so on and so forth.

So, as far as the brain goes, playing a variety of games is better than not playing any. You still need to keep up on your body, though - staying sedentary for long periods of time isn't good, regardless of the activity you're doing.
#45kylemcauliffe15Posted 1/8/2013 11:13:03 AM
I'm lazy and out of shape!
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#46ScoutisabellePosted 1/8/2013 11:13:17 AM
Why do people say that spending two hours playing a video game is lazy, but watchig a movie or reading a book for two hours is not lazy?
It makes no sense to me. You're sitting or lying down in all three activities.
People are so ignorant.
---
Now Playing: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PS3), Tatsunoku vs. Capcom (Wii)
#47king_maddenPosted 1/8/2013 11:13:18 AM
Chaingunmaster posted...
king_madden posted...

its not a personal shot at any of you, settle down chums. If she has met/seen nothing but chubby guys who love video games, she can make her comment.

So if they're fat she be a ***** to them?

no where did it say shes a ***** to them, but even if she was thats on her, is it our job to educate everyone who doesnt act and feel the way we do about everything? if shes acts crappy towards certain people then thats what she does.

shawnmck,
you can make a title about whatever you want, im not going to be offended by any words or font that comes across a screen, unless you are bringing physical harm to my family, I dont care. your statement would be your opinion, if i went around getting offended by everything someone said that I didnt agree with I would be a depressed person, negative attitudes and opinions are everywhere lol.
#48DemonDog666Posted 1/8/2013 11:13:51 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Tell that to my 405 bench press..

Bench pressing maximum weight is for babies real men go for endurance.

ha ha babies huh... when you say "endurance"... Are you referring to rep range? Cardio?

Rep range, running with weights, whatever.
#49work_a_holicPosted 1/8/2013 11:14:10 AM
She is stupid.
#50ChaingunmasterPosted 1/8/2013 11:15:18 AM
king_madden posted...
Chaingunmaster posted...
king_madden posted...

So if they're fat she be a ***** to them?

no where did it say shes a ***** to them, but even if she was thats on her, is it our job to educate everyone who doesnt act and feel the way we do about everything? if shes acts crappy towards certain people then thats what she does.

Why are you defending her? She's being ignorant about something she knows nothing about, what about her statement do you consider worthy of defense?
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88