This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My friend says video games is for lazy out of shape people

#71BradleyJDavisPosted 1/8/2013 3:15:16 PM
It is all about balance and moderation. People who spend all day every day worrying about their health, appearance, fitness, etc. have screwed up priorities, too. Perhaps a scholar would look at her and say he is disgusted at how little she uses her brain.

A healthy life is about all things in moderation, and that includes physical fitness.
#72Legit-TrollPosted 1/8/2013 3:23:08 PM
Lockheart34 posted...
Out of shape people only play games? I train 4 times a week, do all sorts of different training techniques such as crossfits, pyramid, intervals, super sets etc......and I freaking love video games.

She needs to find the darkest corner of her gym, and stay there.

Agreed, I train in dutch kickboxing and live a fitness lifestyle and still play video games every now and then. I am not lazy, out of shape, or unathletic. Besides, there are 24 hours in a day, you have time to exercise and play games for hours if you make time for it. Quite a few mma fighters play video games to unwind after a brutal day of training camp.
#73Devil_wings00Posted 1/8/2013 3:28:45 PM
Your friend needs to update her near 25 year old stereotype. It's 2013 now, games are as mainstream as movies. It's not some niche thing nerds in basements play anymore (not that those people don't exist). Go to any college dorm full of bro's (who are all shockingly not fat and lazy, go figure) and you will see a PS3/360/wii etc. sitting there. Also you don't move when you read a book so is that only for fat and lazy people to? I mean you can easily sit down and read a book all afternoon on the weekend or during the evening if that's your thing. I bet your friend wouldn't have a problem with that though would she?
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#74NicodimusPosted 1/8/2013 3:33:02 PM
So I should go catch a ball instead? Because that makes you so much smarter...
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#75FRo3tBLo0dPosted 1/8/2013 3:44:42 PM
Ya see, The thing is, One cannot work out and play sports ALL day EVERY day. I exercise about 5 days a week ( taking off on the weekends if I'm tired ) and on my off time I like to play video games. Your friend is wrong.
#76Pawkie07Posted 1/8/2013 3:47:23 PM
BlinkWinkel posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
Ask her what she does to relax when she gets home after working out then tell her that is for lazy out of shape people.

lol, this.
#77Magnum_DanPosted 1/8/2013 3:53:59 PM
OP - While I agree with her for the most part, you might want to remind her that allot of video gamers are serving in the military, enough that they have actually modified video game controllers to operate combat weapons in order to give familiarity to the troops. Most I have come across are idiots, or at least were when they enlisted, but it DOES at least show that they're not couch potatoes.
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
#78mjc0961Posted 1/8/2013 3:56:24 PM
You said "my friend" instead of "my former friend" so your intellect is about as high as hers.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#79Magnum_DanPosted 1/8/2013 4:00:21 PM
You said "my friend" instead of "my former friend" so your intellect is about as high as hers.

Throwing friendship away over such a small matter seams to me like the dumber thing to do.
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
#80BIGFELLAH26Posted 1/8/2013 4:00:22 PM
majin nemesis posted...
squon8888 posted...
I didnt know but she said video games kills brain cells and lowers your IQ.

*looks at the ps3 board*

she's probably right

Yeah, she is probably right seeing that you're on the board.
---
"Cause they are going back to give it a 3 so you guys can french-kiss each other in victory all night" CrimsonGear80.