This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#21arstosPosted 1/8/2013 1:46:40 PM
square.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#22ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/8/2013 1:47:35 PM
Square Enix
#23KingMiniMoniPosted 1/8/2013 1:49:55 PM
Bullfrog Productions. Still waiting for Dungeon Keeper 3. ;_;
---
UMvC3: Captain America/Hulk/Iron Man
#24Killingjoke_666Posted 1/8/2013 2:03:04 PM
DATA EAST
---
Otto: Wow! I had Mustard?!
#25regsantotomasPosted 1/8/2013 2:15:04 PM
Human Entertainment - or at least a return of their two IPs: Fire Pro Wrestling and Clock Tower
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#26AlcogodPosted 1/8/2013 2:15:12 PM
Oddworld inhabitants...
---
We dont need reality
English...not european.
#27Robert FrippPosted 1/8/2013 2:17:16 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

Working Designs didn't make the game
---
"This is me, yo, right here."
http://steedmikebrant.hautetfort.com/images/medium_mark_e_smith.jpg
#28Large_TonberryPosted 1/8/2013 2:17:32 PM
Studio Liverpool
Bizarre Creations
Game Republic
Team Bondi (yes, I actually loved L.A. Noire)
#29higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:21:02 PM
theshoveller posted...
Climax? Whoever made Landstalker, Lady Stalker, and Time Stalkers. I think they're defunct, and I think they're different from the "Climax" that made Sudeki, but I'm probably wrong.

Oh, and can I say THQ, even though they're being cannibalized before the corpse cooled yet? I want a new Red Faction and Saint's Row.

Oh man, I hope both the Red Faction series and Saint's Row series continues and doesn't get completely butchered. It was confirmed that Red Faction: Armageddon would be the last game in the series (because of poor sales) by THQ last year, but if the series can be sold it might yet have a chance to survive *cough* bring it back to open world *cough*
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#30theshovellerPosted 1/8/2013 2:25:35 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
theshoveller posted...
Climax? Whoever made Landstalker, Lady Stalker, and Time Stalkers. I think they're defunct, and I think they're different from the "Climax" that made Sudeki, but I'm probably wrong.

Oh, and can I say THQ, even though they're being cannibalized before the corpse cooled yet? I want a new Red Faction and Saint's Row.

Oh man, I hope both the Red Faction series and Saint's Row series continues and doesn't get completely butchered. It was confirmed that Red Faction: Armageddon would be the last game in the series (because of poor sales) by THQ last year, but if the series can be sold it might yet have a chance to survive *cough* bring it back to open world *cough*

I don't want open-world for it, though - the original was all in caves and was fairly linear. The two cool things about it though were the fact that you could blow up the walls and make your own tunnels and stuff, and the fact that, in the plot, the rebellion just "happened" and you were right at the start of it. It was all underground hush-hush stuff, but one day, some miner you're near gets shot, people snap, and fight back. You grab a gun, and off you go playing Militia-Man Parker. The others, it just feels like you're joining a rebellion already in progress, you know?

That said, it could be open-world if it helps make it a better game. But I want first-person, and I want to be in the rebellion from that "powder-keg moment."