This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#201Alamyst_Posted 1/9/2013 4:42:53 AM
Westwood : Long Live the Fighters.
---
psn Alamyst
#202Mordecai the MadPosted 1/9/2013 5:04:35 AM
Wedge55 posted...
I for one am glad that Working Designs is dead. Yes they were the only one willing to risk bringing us many of the games at that time, however it came with a price. They were a bunch of wannabe game designers who just couldn't leave a good design alone. Working Designs actually introduced game breaking bugs into Alundra. They had the audacity to believe they knew better than Treasure and butchered Silhouette Mirage. They damaged every game they touched. You just wouldn't know it if you never experienced the original game. Just play the latest English localization of Lunar: Silver Star Story (recently on iOS) and it's a far better translation, professional voice acting, and without the needless balance changes.

I am glad that we have localization companies today who can respect the source material and bring us the intended game experience.

Wow... someone said it before I had a chance to. Usually I'm the only one complaining about how they wiped their ass with every script they got their hands on.
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mojobones/gametron-1000
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/522716131/legends-of-dawn
#203brolynickPosted 1/9/2013 5:51:05 AM
Bullfrog Productions. I FREAKING WANT DUNGEON KEEPER 3.
---
Chris Jericho is better than God.
#204MilenninPosted 1/9/2013 5:56:33 AM
Westwood
---
Dream as if you will live forever, live as if you will die today
#205Hicks233Posted 1/9/2013 6:20:18 AM
Looking Glass.

Pre-Quake 3 id.
---
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458
Sheep are propper dumb, they run away when you go to stroke em
#206KaliestoPosted 1/9/2013 6:21:07 AM
I miss Working Designs too, always brought something over to the west that was unique.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#207AtalalamaPosted 1/9/2013 6:23:49 AM
higherflyerJ posted...
You are not alone. I LOVED the Shadow Hearts series. I own all three games. Best battle system in any RPG series ever, IMO.

Do you also own the series prequel, Koudelka, on the PS1? Horrid battle system (the designers & programmers clashed way too much), but the story, setting, & characters were awesome.

And it makes certain parts of Shadow Hearts (1) make sense.
#208DarkfireAxelPosted 1/9/2013 6:30:43 AM
Cloverfield (don't know if still dead), Oddworld and Shadow Hearts'...
---
The winter's colde, Soone fulfill'd, And his yearning, Towards a winter's night, Wandering alone...
...The Wolf...
#209RobotPirteGhostPosted 1/9/2013 6:42:28 AM
Got another one: Paragon Studios. I want my City of Heroes back.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)
#210Rocky7781Posted 1/9/2013 6:47:27 AM
I have two in mind.

A. Working Designs, man they knew how to publish games like no other. Always getting LE versions with alot of goodies packed in. If not for them we probably would never have seen awesome games like Lunar, Alundra etc.

B. 38 Studios, it sucks they only got to release one game before they went under. Shows how hard it is in today's world. But Kingdoms of Amular was an amazing game if given the chance.
---
360 GT- HippoPuncher12
PSN Tag- Hippopuncher12