This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#31higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:29:39 PM
theshoveller posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
theshoveller posted...
Climax? Whoever made Landstalker, Lady Stalker, and Time Stalkers. I think they're defunct, and I think they're different from the "Climax" that made Sudeki, but I'm probably wrong.

Oh, and can I say THQ, even though they're being cannibalized before the corpse cooled yet? I want a new Red Faction and Saint's Row.

Oh man, I hope both the Red Faction series and Saint's Row series continues and doesn't get completely butchered. It was confirmed that Red Faction: Armageddon would be the last game in the series (because of poor sales) by THQ last year, but if the series can be sold it might yet have a chance to survive *cough* bring it back to open world *cough*

I don't want open-world for it, though - the original was all in caves and was fairly linear. The two cool things about it though were the fact that you could blow up the walls and make your own tunnels and stuff, and the fact that, in the plot, the rebellion just "happened" and you were right at the start of it. It was all underground hush-hush stuff, but one day, some miner you're near gets shot, people snap, and fight back. You grab a gun, and off you go playing Militia-Man Parker. The others, it just feels like you're joining a rebellion already in progress, you know?

That said, it could be open-world if it helps make it a better game. But I want first-person, and I want to be in the rebellion from that "powder-keg moment."

Yeah, that was awesome. It was one of the first games I played on PS2 and the Geo-Mod blew me away. Even with all the different gameplay styles this series saw, I enjoyed every single one, even Armageddon.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#32higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 1:32:46 PM
Robert Fripp posted...
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

Working Designs didn't make the game

I know. Game Arts did. I didn't say "game developer" just "company". If it wasn't for Working Designs we might have never seen Lunar, Popful Mail, Vay, Alundra, etc.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice
#33djrudenPosted 1/8/2013 1:33:43 PM
Sierra Online

I want moar kings quest and space quest and quest for glory!
#34zUkUuPosted 1/8/2013 1:33:45 PM
Cavia
Squaresoft
#35NicodimusPosted 1/8/2013 1:38:08 PM
Acclaim, just to watch it die again, because it deserved 2 deaths for all the years of absolute garbage it put out.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#36AiuchiFanboiPosted 1/8/2013 1:39:40 PM
SMILEBIT
---
SEGA DREAMCAST, it only does everything.
BadReligionPunk on XBL/Subseven75 on PSN/ Psikyo till the day I die
#37coolasj19Posted 1/8/2013 1:54:41 PM
Pandemic
---
I don't have real signature because I'm not feeling creative at the time.
On the other hand, if I don't have one, I'll look like a noob.
#38Magnum_DanPosted 1/8/2013 2:28:53 PM
Midway
---
'In this great world full of stuff that's neat there is one thing that cannot be beat. It's the feeling so sunny when your squeezing a bunny" ELMYRA DUFF
#39Mr_Big_BossPosted 1/8/2013 2:31:17 PM
Oddworld inhabitants...

I second that
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#40higherflyerJ(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 2:33:06 PM
Magnum_Dan posted...
Midway

I would KILL for Psi-Ops 2.
---
PSN - BattleJuiceJ
Xbox Live - BatttleJuice