This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What now defunct game company would you bring back to life?

#81PringerXPosted 1/8/2013 4:21:26 PM
Whoever was behind Shadow Hearts.
---
http://psnprofiles.com/GameOverComesAll
#82BizzaroMurphyPosted 1/8/2013 4:22:19 PM
Black Isle is back in name, but not staff. I wouldn't even want the original staff to come back as they'd be run by Interplay.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#83RyuuHou25Posted 1/8/2013 4:28:24 PM
Definitely Working Designs, those guys knew how to import good games and did amazing jobs on LEs and what not.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#84thisranksPosted 1/8/2013 4:31:24 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*

A PS3 Lunar would be sweet... Still have my PS1 Lunar 1+2 bonus goodies and games as well as the Arc the Lad collection. WD knew just how to mix humor into games.

If you play Lunar 1 and still don't understand why people become nostalgic then you might not understand gaming at all.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#85SandOnMyBootPosted 1/8/2013 4:35:06 PM
Oddworld Inhabitants is still around, guys. They recently released HD versions of some of their old games. They update their facebook page all the time and have some new Oddworld games in the works. The reason they went quiet for so long was because the economic downturn ruined their plans for making that "Citizen Siege" movie.

Anyway, my picks would be for Working Designs, Clover, or Looking Glass Studios.
#86Raistlin76Posted 1/8/2013 4:35:46 PM
Kronos Digital Interactive. I am still waiting for Fear Effect Inferno.
#87Eternal_Dream21Posted 1/8/2013 4:36:02 PM
higherflyerJ posted...
Working Designs is the first one that came to mind for me.

I want Lunar 3 :( *sniff*
#88regsantotomasPosted 1/8/2013 4:38:14 PM
For those hoping for a new Lunar, Game Arts would first have to make it but it isn't too much of a stretch to believe that it would be localized - perhaps by Atlus or another similar company.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#89BizzaroMurphyPosted 1/8/2013 4:38:35 PM(edited)
One of the co-developers of the Lunar series (Game Arts) still exists, Working Designs was just the US publisher.
---
Hooch is crazy.
#90Lozh900Posted 1/8/2013 4:47:44 PM
Core design

They made the first 5 tomb raider games on ps1.

Eidos made them rush out AoD on ps2 when it was no where near ready and then shut them down when the game was bad and blamed them for it.

Core had planned about another 12 months on that game but eidos wanted it out for a fiscal report on earnings hoping it would make them crap loads.

They destroyed a really good company.

Sure by tomb raider chronicles it was getting a bit out dated on gameplay but I think with enough time they could have implemented something new or even after the AoD trilogy made a brand new IP
---
XBL/GFW-L : Loz Gloss Hill / PSN : JenovaRebirth / Steam : Jenova19848 / WiiU ID : ???
i7 2600k @ 3.8ghz / 8gb ram / Gtx 560 / 1tb hdd / win 7 home 64bit