This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Stop buying games from gamestop people

#101RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 2:19:37 AM
You should be in bed then *laughs*

They do that with display copies though, they always have. It's their logic about keeping the games safe and is not actually breaking any consumer or retail laws, sadly. The rest of the stock are actually sealed and don't have stickers on them, that's why I bring this up.

Thankfully, most people are aware of that particular BS tactic and avoid the gutted copies like the plague, unless they're overly desperate or have no other choice.

My biggest issue is with Futureshop/BestBuy myself and these horribly god awful looking security devices they strap to LE boxes and what not, it's this big black circular alarm with 4 black straps, that typically crush the edges and the box itself due to the weight of the alarm itself.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#102BehaviorismPosted 1/9/2013 2:26:22 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
You should be in bed then *laughs*

They do that with display copies though, they always have. It's their logic about keeping the games safe and is not actually breaking any consumer or retail laws, sadly. The rest of the stock are actually sealed and don't have stickers on them, that's why I bring this up.

Thankfully, most people are aware of that particular BS tactic and avoid the gutted copies like the plague, unless they're overly desperate or have no other choice.

My biggest issue is with Futureshop/BestBuy myself and these horribly god awful looking security devices they strap to LE boxes and what not, it's this big black circular alarm with 4 black straps, that typically crush the edges and the box itself due to the weight of the alarm itself.

I know exactly what you're talking about. I have a job, I'm not going to steal, corporations. I always get my games from my local gamestop that i mentioned or sometimes the 24 hour walmart
---
I'm not changing this sig until the St. Louis Blues win the Stanley Cup. Started: 1/7/13
I love Sailor Venus
#103toastedmuffin89(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 2:37:32 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/25/gamestop-shenanigans-sell-open-games-as-new/
#104MrUntouchable18Posted 1/11/2013 10:17:33 PM
BurgerTime79 posted...
MrUntouchable18 posted...
I wanna make a topic I'm just gonna put gamestop in the title. Anyway I use amazon/steam exclusively but have no problem with gamestop if they have to give you the display copy and you don't want that don't buy simple huh.

It's simple, but too many people flip out and stomp their foot like little kids and the fact that certain practices even exists in the first place.

If people actually refused the display copies, ask for a shop worn discount (it exists) or expressed that the store lost a sale due to the practice to their District Manager, then maybe something would change. As it is now, it's become blind hatred behind the companies back.

I agree with you but disagree with anyone on gamefaqs now a days is considered trolling (which is a overused word) but whatever to each his own
---
Madness is like gravity all it takes is a little push.
-Heath Ledger (Joker)-