This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Evo 2013 Lineup

#31arstosPosted 1/9/2013 12:54:45 AM
ChunkyMonkeyLOL posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
UMvC3
SSF4AE
TTT2
MK9
SFxT 2013
KOF13
Persona 4 Arena

Jesus, why? Nobody gives a ****. That game had the lowest turn out of all the games last year. Just why?

capcoms a sponsor, I'm guessing they said they'd give more money if it was put in. they're probably hoping if they show off their 2013 changes more people will pick up a copy.
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII
#32Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/9/2013 1:19:56 AM
SFxT will probably be a lot better after the patch. I'm sure that it'll be more interesting to watch this time with better character variety.

The real question is; why the hell is P4A on the lineup? P4A has lost most of it's relevance to the FGC. The turn-outs are always too low at any community tournaments and whatever competitive following it had died when BlazBlue 3 was announced, seeing as most of the non-Persona fans that are playing it are just waiting for BlazBlue or Guilty Gear. P4U doesn't even deserve to be there. It's competitive community are pathetic. They had a ton of of opportunities for the game. It was at many tournaments, had decent prize pots and Arcsys have been working their ass off to keep the tournament interest signficiant, but the community ungratefully couldn't be bothered to show up at tournaments. Even the stream views suddenly die the moment P4U is on.
#33RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 1:26:48 AM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
SFxT will probably be a lot better after the patch. I'm sure that it'll be more interesting to watch this time with better character variety.

The real question is; why the hell is P4A on the lineup? P4A has lost most of it's relevance to the FGC. The turn-outs are always too low at any community tournaments and whatever competitive following it had died when BlazBlue 3 was announced, seeing as most of the non-Persona fans that are playing it are just waiting for BlazBlue or Guilty Gear. P4U doesn't even deserve to be there. It's competitive community are pathetic. They had a ton of of opportunities for the game. It was at many tournaments, had decent prize pots and Arcsys have been working their ass off to keep the tournament interest signficiant, but the community ungratefully couldn't be bothered to show up at tournaments. Even the stream views suddenly die the moment P4U is on.

Uh....sources on this? Links? Proof?

Blazblue has been in Evo before and did poorly with viewership, I mean just listen to the beginning of this video, says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjZF4JoHXE

Misleading title, but yeah, considering CS was there, what, one year and disappeared? I can't imagine 3 would draw any more crowds if CS did that badly.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#34Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/9/2013 1:47:25 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Bestia_Somnia posted...

Uh....sources on this? Links? Proof?

Blazblue has been in Evo before and did poorly with viewership, I mean just listen to the beginning of this video, says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAjZF4JoHXE

Misleading title, but yeah, considering CS was there, what, one year and disappeared? I can't imagine 3 would draw any more crowds if CS did that badly.

The interest in BlazBlue 3 seems much higher now that the roster has reached a number of characters that's more to people's liking.

What sources, links or proof? If you even follow the FGC then you'd know how little tournaments even host P4U as a main game anymore. The turn-outs are always incredibly low and the stream numbers plummet whenever it's shown, which is why the tournaments that do still try to run a P4U bracket don't really give it much stream time. The Japanese themselves don't really publically stream most of their tournaments, so you'll be lucky to find a decent number of significant Western tournaments running throughout the year. This isn't the first time that the Arcsys community has been criticized for failing to support their game properly, although this time is a much bigger **** up on their behalf because P4U had opporunities that other Arcsys games never had, due to the more mainstream sales of it being Persona related. It didn't help that P4U practically doesn't even have a following in Europe because it's still not out over here yet, which is already a massive reduction in the potential community.

BlazBlue never did well at EVO because not only was that more around the time of SSFIV/Marvel's prime, but they were always put on the lineup at terrible times. The original BlazBlue came out too late to be on the original line-up. By next year's EVO BlazBlue: CS was already out in the arcades and the community were on the edge of moving on from the original game. BlazBlue: CS wasn't as popular of a game anyway, but I believe that something similar happened with a major update that wasn't out in time. P4U heped people a lot of the FGC get over the "weaboo" ignorance towards Arcsys games and all the people who missed out on the last game have a lot of changes/additions in total to be excited for.
#35RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 1:56:00 AM
"What sources, links or proof? If you even follow the FGC then you'd know how little tournaments even host P4U as a main game anymore. The turn-outs are always incredibly low and the stream numbers plummet whenever it's shown, which is why the tournaments that do still try to run a P4U bracket don't really give it much stream time."

So, as I said....sources, links, proof?

You claim this stuff, you apparently know it, where did you get the info from?

P4A has only been out for, what, 9 ish months in Japan, half that in NA?

I imagine that makes it impossible to be included in a lot of tournaments and what not, so in 9 months, how many tournaments could it possibly have been included in?
---
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#36Super SlashPosted 1/9/2013 2:12:09 AM(edited)
RyuuHou25 posted...

The JP console version is only like a week or two younger than the NA one. The Arcade version is about 10 months old though.
#37Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/9/2013 2:12:11 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
"What sources, links or proof? If you even follow the FGC then you'd know how little tournaments even host P4U as a main game anymore. The turn-outs are always incredibly low and the stream numbers plummet whenever it's shown, which is why the tournaments that do still try to run a P4U bracket don't really give it much stream time."

I imagine that makes it impossible to be included in a lot of tournaments and what not, so in 9 months, how many tournaments could it possibly have been included in?

I hate people who require "proof" for something so obvious, just to be an obnoxious tool. I don't need to validate my words to a stranger. How about you validate your's by giving me proof that P4U is still competitively relevant? It works both ways. It's much easier for you to find me several tournaments that are relevant and have been streamed, than for me to find the dates of and listings of dozens of tournaments. It's not my problem that you don't keep up-to-date with competitive happenings.

It doesn't take several months for a fighting game to get tournament acknowledgement. There are practically tournaments held every week. They're not majors, but they're still community significant tournaments. Even one month is more than enough. P4U was at plenty of tournaments when it first came out, but now you'll be lucky to find a Western tournament that isn't ran by Arcsys themselves, let alone actual streams.

Japan is the only place where P4U is still going strong. Arcsys games have never had major fanbases in the West and P4U didn't even come out in all the major parts of the West, so why would you even assume anyway that P4U is somehow achieving what superior Arcsys games didn't do? The sales of the Persona fans will only take it so far because most of those fans aren't likely to be heavy fighting game fans. In the end it'll be the guys who played BlazBlue and Guilty Gear that are the backbone of the community and to them BlazBlue 3 is where it's at now. P4U, although it has it's own little unique things, is more or less an more casualized version of BlazBlue, which is a more casualized version of Guilty Gear.
#38RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 2:25:32 AM(edited)
Bestia_Somnia posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

I hate people who require "proof" for something so obvious, just to be an obnoxious tool. I don't need to validate my words to a stranger. How about you validate your's by giving me proof that P4U is still competitively relevant? It works both ways. It's much easier for you to find me several tournaments that are relevant and have been streamed, than for me to find the dates of and listings of dozens of tournaments. It's not my problem that you don't keep up-to-date with competitive happenings.

It doesn't take several months for a fighting game to get tournament acknowledgement. There are practically tournaments held every week. They're not majors, but they're still community significant tournaments. Even one month is more than enough. P4U was at plenty of tournaments when it first came out, but now you'll be lucky to find a Western tournament that isn't ran by Arcsys themselves, let alone actual streams.

Japan is the only place where P4U is still going strong. Arcsys games have never had major fanbases in the West and P4U didn't even come out in all the major parts of the West, so why would you even assume anyway that P4U is somehow achieving what superior Arcsys games didn't do? The sales of the Persona fans will only take it so far because most of those fans aren't likely to be heavy fighting game fans. In the end it'll be the guys who played BlazBlue and Guilty Gear that are the backbone of the community and to them BlazBlue 3 is where it's at now. P4U, although it has it's own little unique things, is more or less an more casualized version of BlazBlue, which is a more casualized version of Guilty Gear.

Well, you show me where I claimed it was relevant, and by all means, I'll give you proof.

I hate people who say things as fact and then whine like little babies when someone asks for something to validate their words.

You're the one touting such great knowledge about the FGC, yet fail to back it up with anything more significant than someone saying "Yo, don't call me out, I ain't need that"

I don't assume P4U is achieving anything superior to anything, not did I ever say anything to infer that either. I am simply questioning your statements. You may claim something is "so obvious", but if it ends up being you're the only one thinking this, well....then it's really more so you being an obnoxious tool and just spouting off what YOU personally believe, as truth and fact, and something that everyone believes.
---
#39RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 2:28:51 AM
Super Slash posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...

The JP console version is only like a week or two younger than the NA one. The Arcade version is about 10 months old though.

March 1st, yeah, my math was a bit off on that, 10 ish months would have been correct. *laughs* I suck at counting.

Still though, I mean, I heard a lot of people from the US and what not raving about this game and going awesome and wicked, I had much of my friends list, who play SSF4AE and TTT2 and various other fighting games, who played it non stop and still do.

I myself don't have even have it yet, but I plan on getting it soon because I start to play 3 FES on PS3 again recently.
---
#40Bestia_SomniaPosted 1/9/2013 2:49:04 AM
There's been so many tournaments since P4U's release that you're the one being an obnoxious tool for expecting me to gather that much "proof". P4U's community is so weak in the West that it'd be infinitely easier for you to find me proof that it's relevant. So, I'm still waiting.

And yes, it is obvious. I'm not proclaiming to be some all-knowing FGC guru. It doesn't take anything short of a little effort to follow Event Hubs, Shoryuken, MayonakaMidnight, ect. It's been at several majors since it's release, but only about one of those actually gave it some proper stream time. The turnouts have been progressively getting smaller, to the point where non-major community tournaments don't waste money using consoles to run a P4U bracket or just don't stream one when they do. It's not good business to show something on stream if it drops the viewers so low, seeing as how they make good money off of the viewers watching their advertisements. P4U's tournament appearances are mostly sponsored by Arcysys, which is part of the reason why it even ends up on the line-up in the first place. The brackets are always revealed during tournaments and you can tell how small the turnout is, not just based upon the factual numbers that the commentators provide, but also based on how little time it takes to get through the P4U pools. P4U is suffering from the Arcys curse that BlazBlue suffered from.

I'm not going to spend like 30+ minutes going through hours of archive footage and 100's of pages of website news for your entertainment, just so you can save face, find an excuse to still dismiss what I'm saying, or to just end up realizing what I've been telling you all this time and reply with something as unsatisfactory as a "k" or practically anything that wouldn't have made it worth my time. Your approval isn't worth that much to me. The fact that you didn't even think that P4U could even be at many tournaments within the span of almost a year already shows how little you know about anything. It sounds like you don't even really watch tournaments in general. It's you who needs to do some Google searching and researching.