This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I want Sucker Punch to make a game set in the Infamous's world with a new LEAD

#1monkeyman0111Posted 1/8/2013 9:36:44 PM
The world Infamous has a lot of potential, but I think the guys at Sucker Punch should explore a new person's story, a new city (that looks drastically different), and a new power to play with.

In a dream world what power would you like them to explore (hypothetically)
The one catch is it should be a simplified power like cole's was electricity.

For me
I think a Rock/Earthy ability would be cool

(Minor Spoilers)
Things don't end well for Cole, he could come back, but probably not. But they could talk about him as a legend.
---
"There are TONS of games that look BEAUTIFUL. It's not a matter of polygons anymore, it's a matter of ART DIRECTION now"
PSN: Monkeyman0111
#2mogar002Posted 1/8/2013 9:37:27 PM
Outfamous
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#3RyuuHou25Posted 1/8/2013 11:05:32 PM
Ice/Water

That element gets ignored often because it's hard to pull off, most of the time you just see "freeze/smash" mechanics like in RE6 that are done poorly (enemies can just completely resist being frozen, or not be frozen at all no matter what)

I think someone with the ability to control it as Cole did with Lightning, just to a much greater extent, would be quite awesome to do a game about.

For one thing, you could actually go into the massive lakes/oceans that generally surround these cities in games like that, and NOT die :O IN fact, it would be encouraged to heal yourself and what not.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB
#4SayoriaPosted 1/8/2013 11:07:10 PM
Infamous 2 originally didn't have Cole.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#5SophisticationPosted 1/8/2013 11:08:51 PM
What I don't get is

1. Why you think Cole is dead... Trust me, there is going to be an Infamous 3. Cole will no doubt be the lead.

2. Why Cole has yet to gain the ability of super speed... It'd sure make traveling more fun and cooler.

3. Why for every 1 lighting attack he has 8 junk ones.

Infamous is a good series, I do like it -- but I despise the character of cole, the way he looks and everything. I also don't like the abilities and in that I don't think he's very "super".
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#6IcrushlilpeoplePosted 1/8/2013 11:15:11 PM
Every conduit died in the good ending of inFAMOUS 2, in order to have a sequel wouldn't Sucker Punch need to confirm the Evil ending as canon?
---
PSN - Naxuro
#7dotsgalore218Posted 1/8/2013 11:17:00 PM
Icrushlilpeople posted...
Every conduit died in the good ending of inFAMOUS 2, in order to have a sequel wouldn't Sucker Punch need to confirm the Evil ending as canon?

That.
---
Not changing my sig until Sydney FC win the AFC Champions League (started 14-2-10)
#8SophisticationPosted 1/8/2013 11:22:39 PM

No... they can easily work in a time travel element with Cole... Maybe he went into the future, because he was electric and if you touch him you might get shocked, and then went back into the past and then sends himself into a rebuilt present day where everything had been tweaked and altered.

This would give him a chance to be with ol' clay face that

(spoilers)

Died in the 1st game

and start a new... Maybe he retains his powers and takes up crime fighting in the city not because he needs to, but because he wants to prevent the future from happening again or repeating itself.

There are so many ways you could do this and if I wasn't on my phone I'd flesh it out more...
---
As a sophistocrat I am here to represent my fellow like minded Sophisticated gamers with judicious topics & post that spark debate.
PSN: Sophistocrat
#9JStein0222Posted 1/8/2013 11:39:01 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Ice/Water

For one thing, you could actually go into the massive lakes/oceans that generally surround these cities in games like that, and NOT die :O IN fact, it would be encouraged to heal yourself and what not.

I love this.
*Applause*
---
PSN: jsnake22 True PS All Stars Roster? http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w490/JStein0222/TrueRoster.jpg
#10SelitePosted 1/8/2013 11:44:45 PM

inFamous 3 could be a prequel where you play as Kessler instead.
---
Check it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/selite