This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

why dont more gamers rent?

#21killakPosted 1/9/2013 4:56:53 AM
Because we could afford to buy our home.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#22whatnow12012Posted 1/9/2013 8:13:50 AM
Why do I rent games, easy I dont wanna get jipped off 65 bucks or more on a new game that dosent live up to the hype.

I dont wanna get ripped off on a game that dosent take me more than 1 day to beat yet it is a 65 + dollar game.

I rent cause it is smart, saves, money and tells me which games are worth a damn & which games need to be ignored altogether.

I buy used games cause I dont always have 65 + dollars to spend on a new game but I do buy new games just certain ones such as Bioshock, MGS, and Ni I will be buying this year along with Tales of Xillia.

People arent all rich megamillionaires, some live on tight fixed budgets and have every day life to live & bills and a Family to take care of & feed. So they cant always buy the high dollar games.

So I say do like I do buy some but not all new games then the rest go elcheapo or rent from GameFly if you live on a tight fixed Budget.

But I do buy new, I do buy elcheapo used, and I also rent my games from GameFly so I do all 3 deals.

One thing I dont do is DLC games cause I dont have an internet for it almost 65% of Americans live in a dead-zone such as myself.

So I can only do striaght physical disk, or go to my Uncles and do my DLC Add-Ons for a game such as Mass Effect.

But MP or Indie Games are out of it for me.
#23ChaingunmasterPosted 1/9/2013 8:18:35 AM
I do rent, but only the stuff I'd never actually buy. Lol at all the people thinking it's only for the poor, great logic there guys.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#24Devilman_AmonPosted 1/9/2013 8:19:07 AM
awesomesauce13 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here, I think it got lost somewhere in the terrible English... but anyway, the reason I rarely rent games is because I don't want to just have a few days to play them. Some games are fine for that but most I want to play for longer and take my time with

This

In the 90's I rented when I was playing SNES/Genesis because most of those games could be completed easily within the rental time allotted.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#25SteadyingMeatPosted 1/9/2013 8:19:37 AM
'Cause the only place I can rent games around where I live anymore only lets you keep them for like 2 days which is garbage. Plus I like owning them.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#26Mutant1988Posted 1/9/2013 8:25:44 AM
I believe in supporting the industry that provides me with so much entertainment.

So I purchase games, new. I own what I purchase and the industry keeps on existing.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#27zooknut(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 8:30:18 AM
Mutant1988 posted...
I believe in supporting the industry that provides me with so much entertainment.

So I purchase games, new. I own what I purchase and the industry keeps on existing.

I truly don't believe that the gaming industry is suffering any loss of profits but I think more about my bank account than the industry anyway
#28Evil_GogetaPosted 1/9/2013 8:33:36 AM
Can`t rent games (recently you can only rent Dragon Quest X but its expensive) as its pretty much been made illegal here.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#29LinkinLawgPosted 1/9/2013 8:37:08 AM
Devilman_Amon posted...
awesomesauce13 posted...
I'm not entirely sure what your point is here, I think it got lost somewhere in the terrible English... but anyway, the reason I rarely rent games is because I don't want to just have a few days to play them. Some games are fine for that but most I want to play for longer and take my time with

This

In the 90's I rented when I was playing SNES/Genesis because most of those games could be completed easily within the rental time allotted.

Thats still the case today, I've even beat a few PS3 games in a sitting.
---
PSN: LinkinLawg
Not changing this sig until I feel like it
#30XFactor1Posted 1/9/2013 8:45:13 AM(edited)
Do your research and look at metacritic.com averages before buying. The critical average for a video game is 73 (mediocre).

I like to own games I like rather than rent.
The only games I sold because I did not like them were Skyrim and Gran Turismo 5.

I have traded or sold some games I did not plan to play again.
---
--