This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I heard Final fantasy 9 was good, but.....

#1mgs4fan540Posted 1/9/2013 12:18:57 AM
I never really wanted to play the game because.....

i mean the characters look so stupid....Especially Zidane...Is the game actually good gameplay wise?
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#2SteadyingMeatPosted 1/9/2013 12:20:17 AM
Yeah, it's good. The stories good too. It's a little more lighthearted than previous entries, though, but that doesn't mean that nothing interesting ever happens.
---
" hey meat-kun y you no sig? :| "
#3Thor61Posted 1/9/2013 12:20:48 AM
Gameplay wise it is pretty good. Every character has their own unique class and playstyle. You can adjust the speed, you get 4 characters, it's one of the best one's gameplay wise.
#4mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 12:22:15 AM
Alright i'll give ti a chance then.

The only character that interests me right now is that girl in the orange tights and the black mage.
---
JRPG >>>>WPRG
#5RenegadeDrowPosted 1/9/2013 12:23:52 AM
The Black Mage is all you need my friend, all you will ever need..
---
Listen carefully.
PSN: theDONI
#6The_Pig_HostagePosted 1/9/2013 12:26:41 AM
I've always disliked the character design (especially Zidane), but I absolutely love the game anyway. Currently replaying it now, and it's even better than I remembered.
#7roxas9001Posted 1/9/2013 12:28:38 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...
I never really wanted to play the game because.....

i mean the characters look so stupid....Especially Zidane...Is the game actually good gameplay wise?

That's a dumb reason for not wanting to play the best FF game.
---
Not changing this until DmCrap flops.
I dislike 90% of the FF fanbase.
#8BeknessPosted 1/9/2013 12:39:08 AM
The girl in the orange tights (Dagger/Garnet) is really good. She does white magic and summons.

The ability system is great, they learn it off their weapons. If you want some tips, do NOT sell weapons you can synthesise 2 weapons together to make a new weapon. If you find yourself running low on cash early in the game, sell ethers (they're worth a fair bit and I found I didn't need very many) The steal rate is incredibly low in boss battles, it can be really hard to steal things.

The chocobo system is great in 9 IMO. They have "trance" rather than limit breaks which allow them to use stronger attacks once the gauge hits a certain point.

I hope you like the other characters, I never really cared for Zidane but he has some good moves. 2 summoners/white mages, 1 black mage, 1 blue mage.

Also none of the blue magic is missable, so don't worry about that. If you do miss some you can learn it off several different enemies for each spell and there's always a way. (Last playthrough I missed one and I equipped weak weapons and went back to an old area and got it easily)

Freya is great as well, she can often save your entire party with "jump", you'll see what I mean later.

Have fun TC, it's a good game.
---
BB<3BB
#9AwayFromHerePosted 1/9/2013 12:42:12 AM
Zidane, Vivi, Armarant, and Freya.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#10namethatno1usesPosted 1/9/2013 3:32:49 AM
There's a naked underage girl party member. Someone give her panties please.
How Square got away with this, I don't know. I hate that design with a passion.

Still, the game has a great story. Battles are a bit slow compared to VII and VIII.
---
Every time a masterpiece like Nier comes along, we get 100 boring shooters. Life's unfair. - simonstrane