This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Good JRPGs That Don't Feature...

#61ShineboxerPosted 1/9/2013 8:32:02 AM
Shineboxer posted...
FF1:Children
FF2:Children
FF3:Children
FF4: Children, young adults
FF5: Children, Adults.
FF6: Children and young adults
FF7: Children and young adults
FF8: Children
FF9: Children
FF10: Young adults and Adults
FF10-2: Cancerous children
FF12: Children, young Adults, adults
FF13: Children, one Adult with adult problems(never bothered past 5 hours into game)
FF13-2: Children
Chrono trigger:children
Chrono Cross:Children, Adults.
Legend of Dragoon: Children, Young adults, adults
Persona 3: children
Persona 4: children
Xenogears: Children, young adults
Xenosaga 1-3: cancerous children, cancerous adults.
wild arms 1-4(never played 5 but probably still children)Children
Suikoden 1-2: children
Star Ocean 2-4: Cancerous children
Grandia 1-3+Xtreme: Cancerous Children, adults.

I'm probably forgetting a ton, but I feel like a beat up dog after playing all of these games.

Yes, My hate is valid of these games, I can knock them better than most of you.

A) most of that info is dead wrong
B) I don't think you realize that teenagers and kids aren't the same >.>

And as for the pedo/lolicon BS, that's JUST CH and IF games and the occasional Aksys port. It's far from the standard since even in Japan they are niche titles. But then again I don't expect brain dead NA fanboys to grasp that >.>

But they both share the same mental capacity. anyone that is less than 21 is a kid.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#62RampantBlattPosted 1/9/2013 8:32:18 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

A) most of that info is dead wrong
B) I don't think you realize that teenagers and kids aren't the same >.>

And as for the pedo/lolicon BS, that's JUST CH and IF games and the occasional Aksys port. It's far from the standard since even in Japan they are niche titles. But then again I don't expect brain dead NA fanboys to grasp that >.>

THIS.

Jesus christ. The only problem with kids is that you man-children apparently auto-sexualize them. That would be YOUR problem.

The only loli fanservice games have specific titles. STOP acting like "J"RPG are all like that. THAT is the actual childish thing in this topic. You all getting up in arms because "J"RPGs aren't all featuring sweaty heaving man-meat for your enjoyment.
#63archizzyPosted 1/9/2013 8:32:20 AM
You are in a losing battle on this board. I love these types of games to death and have been playing them forever but you will get absolutely avalanched with opposition on this board on the age thing.

The game could draw everyone like a 12 year old, give them a a 12 years olds voice, make them act 12, but print in the booklet they are 17 or 19 and people will tell you "You are wrong! They are adults!"

Anyway the game is a different style but have you looked into Trinity Souls of Zill O'll. Definitely adult looking characters in that game, and pretty fun to boot. I like the way they handled the on the fly action.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#64DragoonGriffithPosted 1/9/2013 8:34:09 AM
Why are people even bothered by something petty like the age of a character?

If you don't like it, then don't play JRPGs. They obviously aren't made for you.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#65RampantBlattPosted 1/9/2013 8:34:58 AM
Shineboxer posted...

But they both share the same mental capacity. anyone that is less than 21 is a kid.

Uh no, they really aren't. Tho, you are making yourself out to be evidence of your own "point". Because I know far more mature "kids".
#66schadowPosted 1/9/2013 8:35:36 AM(edited)
While I love JRPGs, I can't see myself wiki'ing the age of the full range of protagonists in almost every well-known game.

This is where things get really silly.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#67SieKensouPosted 1/9/2013 8:37:50 AM
BoF1:
Ryuu is a youth
Niina: doesn't say..
Gilliam: doesn't say
Dank: is a youth
Manilo: doesn't say
Bilda: doesn't say.
Dees: doesn't say
Mog: youth
------------------------------
BoF2:
Ryuu: 16
Bosch: 15
Niina: 17
Rando: 31
Rinpuu: 15
Suten: 19
Tanta: 17
Asuper: 111 but only about 16 in human years
Dees: doesn't say
------------------------------
BoF3, and BoF4:
doesn't really say
-------------------------
BoF5:
Ryuu: 16
Niina: 12-13 but real age unknown
Rin: 21
Bosch: 16
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#68antoinejonesPosted 1/9/2013 8:38:21 AM
SieKensou posted...
antoinejones posted...
"Apparently the male character on the cover of Ar Tonelico Qoga is 17, but he still looks like a rail-thin 11-year-old. You can't tell me that dude is almost six feet tall and 170 lbs."

Umm Im 5'7'' and 125 lbs... and Im 29

most ppl who meet/see me for the first time think Im 16.. infact when I was walking down the street a few days ago, cops pulled up n the side of me and asked why I wasnt in school (it was during school hours lol)... so yeah Id like to know what planet YOU live on where EVERYONE looks their age...

just curious... are you of asian descent?

nope
---
My first time and day in Jeuno and the first 6 hours of it is spent staring at a chocobo's butt.
#69SieKensouPosted 1/9/2013 8:40:46 AM
Chrono Trigger:
Chrono: 17
Marle: 16
Lucca: 19
Robo: a robot...
Frog: doesn't say
Ayla: 24
Magus: doesn't say
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#70ZurrurPosted 1/9/2013 8:43:42 AM
Its sad there aren't any loli JRPGs, i would like JRPG with lots of fan service like Nisemonogatari