This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any Good JRPGs That Don't Feature...

#71BlinkWinkelPosted 1/9/2013 8:44:28 AM
HatredInfinite posted...
Games like Disgaea, Ar Tonelico, the Atelier series, and Eternal Sonata all seem to have great reviews, but I wouldn't be able to get into them even if I did invest the funds because the premise of a cast composed of primarily kids just doesn't interest me.

As far as I know in those series the main cast of characters are all around aged 16+, so they are not kids, more like teens or young adults. Only exception I can think of is Rorona in Atelier Meruru, after she used the potion of youth she looks like a 8 year old kid or so. Besides, if you don't want a "kid" in your party there are older playable characters too like Sterk and Esty (around 30-40 years old) and Gio (around 60 year old).

In Disgaea games, it's more the chibi art style that makes the characters look younger than they are. You can create your own characters anyway if you want "older" looking characters but even so as avatars it's natural that the characters will look younger. Story mode just lasts a few hours anyway and there is no nudity as far as I know, Disgaea games is all about grinding to insane levels anyway.

Only games I can think of that are mostly about loli fanservice are Mugen Souls (which got censored by the way) and maybe Hyperdimension Neptunia games (Characters are around 14 year old I think).
#72nihilist212Posted 1/9/2013 8:47:39 AM
For me it's the art style that bothers me. They design young adults to look much younger than they are. Not in all of the games, but in a lot of them. That bothers me. I still want to try Graces F though, I was always a fan of the Tales series.
---
Sometimes you've got to say "hey, i'm gonna **** you.....softly"
psn: jcvdismyhero
#73SieKensouPosted 1/9/2013 8:48:49 AM
Seiken Densetsu 2:
Randy: 16
Prim: 17
Popoi: doesn't say
--------------------
Seiken Densetsu 3:
Duran: 17
Angela: 19
Kevin: 15
Charlotte: 15
Hawkeye: 17
Riese: 16
----------------
Seiken Densetsu 4:
Erdy: Youth
Ritchia: Erdy's childhood friend
Fee: very young girl
Stroud: King that became king at 7yrs
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#74SieKensouPosted 1/9/2013 8:51:46 AM
Zurrur posted...
Its sad there aren't any loli JRPGs, i would like JRPG with lots of fan service like Nisemonogatari

Nisemonogatari may have fanservice but it is nothing like Agent Aika.........or even Strike Witches... now that, is what these ppl are accusing this gen's jrpgs of... totally different. or perhaps they are even accusing these games for being like kiss x sis....... >.> which they aren't anything similar...
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#75ShineboxerPosted 1/9/2013 8:55:02 AM
All the older characters added to loli Jrpg's are just the pedo fantasy of the creator.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#76zUkUuPosted 1/9/2013 8:55:24 AM
NieR is all you need.
#77RampantBlattPosted 1/9/2013 8:56:09 AM
Shineboxer posted...
All the older characters added to loli Jrpg's are just the pedo fantasy of the creator.

You sure do a lot of thinking about children and pedo fantasies.
#78ShineboxerPosted 1/9/2013 8:57:05 AM
Shineboxer posted...

You sure do a lot of thinking about children and pedo fantasies.

I do, which is why I don't like them.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#79ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/9/2013 8:58:44 AM
HatredInfinite posted...
Small children comprising most of the cast? I have no problem with vibrant environments and even cartoony design, but I don't find the whole Little-League-Saves-The-World/Loli Fan Service junk even remotely appealing and it seems to be completely and utterly dominating the genre of late.

Are people blind or just ignorant?

Everyone seems to act like NIS, Compile Heart, Gust and Idea Factory are the only Japanese developers.
#80DragoonGriffithPosted 1/9/2013 8:59:19 AM
Shineboxer posted...

Outside of two-three games, none of them future loli fanservice.
What are you talking about?
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.