This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Which of these Game Developer Companies do you HATE the most?

#1HellsingOrgPosted 1/9/2013 2:37:54 AM
And HATE can also mean Disappointing and makes you angry at the mention of their name - Results (328 votes)
EA
32.32% (106 votes)
Capcom
26.83% (88 votes)
Activision/Blizzard
18.6% (61 votes)
Ubisoft
2.13% (7 votes)
Square Enix
15.85% (52 votes)
Other (please specify)
4.27% (14 votes)
This poll is now closed.
So what do you choose?
NOTE: only game companies that make PS3 games and that exist this gen.

DLC
day one DLC
locked on disk DLC
holy s*** overpriced DLC for a color change or other BS
Online Passes
company required online accounts to play their games and other BS
Online DRM
f***ing their fanbases

etc... are things to hate.
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#2kupo1705Posted 1/9/2013 2:42:37 AM
The only ones of those I really don't like are EA and Capcom.
#3Vivi0198Posted 1/9/2013 2:56:39 AM
I despise Nintendo. The way they treat Eartbound fans is disgusting.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#4DocDeliciousPosted 1/9/2013 3:13:25 AM
Activision, Blizzard and EA.
---
Playing - Far Cry 3, Vanquish, Retro City Rampage, Valkyria Chronicles, Monster Hunter FU, Chrono Cross, Quantum Conundrum, Catherine
PSN: DocDelicious
#5656stoogePosted 1/9/2013 3:16:46 AM
EA. And it's not even close. Unless you're a PC gamer and you're bitter about blizzard then I can't see how Activision is a problem. Sure they milk CoD, but it's not like they're introducing practice that hurt the whole industry, unlike EA who are soley responsible for the online pass.

EA also buy and kill great companies and IP's and they're currently in the process of murdering my beloved Bioware.

Capcom and SE I can understand hating, but Capcom at least puts out a few quality titles every now and then. And I'm more disappointed with SE if anything.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#6RoxasANobodyPosted 1/9/2013 3:20:30 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
So what do you choose?
NOTE: only game companies that make PS3 games and that exist this gen.

DLC
day one DLC
locked on disk DLC
holy s*** overpriced DLC for a color change or other BS
Online Passes
company required online accounts to play their games and other BS
Online DRM
f***ing their fanbases

etc... are things to hate.

Want to make your character look BLUE?! YOU DO?! PAY $19.99 FOR IT NOWWWWWW!

I don't know why some people consider DLC as a bad thing for this generation. Most people think that the game was released unfinished and that content was cut so that it could be released later. While I'm not against that idea, I'm sure that most DLC ideas are drafted at a point where it'll take too long to implement or it'd just be better off released afterwards.

I don't buy DLC for every game I own -- that's a waste of money. I don't go out and buy map packs for Call of Duty because they'll become completely obsolete when the new game comes out. I don't buy any DLC for shooting games since the next iteration would deem it useless. However, if I buy a track for Gran Turismo 5, I can use that forever as long as I have the game.

For those who don't get my logic, let's say that I bought all the map packs for World at War. I bought the used game when MW3 released so I could prestige and get a prestige token. What I didn't know was that the game was riddled with hackers and cheaters. Sure, I could go back and play the game again on a shoddy connection with the servers and with cheaters, but that would be a waste of time and money for me [personally].

While I'm very sure that some of you believe that map packs and the DLC practice for FPS games are great, I don't see the novelty in them. I'm not saying they're bad or not worth getting, I'm just saying that it's not my cup of tea. With that said, I have a positive stance on DLC because it can extend the life of a game for me. I absolutely fell in love with Borderlands 2, so I bought the Mechromancer DLC pack. Since that character isn't affected online by the slightest, I can always pop in the disc and have a run with that character.

There are some evil DLCs out there, but don't put all DLC down based on a select few that ruin the taste of extra content. I preordered the upcoming DmC game solely to have access to the Vergil content "for free". I'm sure that there are many others who thoroughly enjoy preordering a game and getting goodies for putting it on hold.

One thing I will agree with your post is the hatred towards online passes. I know it's supposed to combat used gaming, but it's completely ridiculous that my brother gets a game with an online pass and I can't play online on my console. Not only that, but it's an obvious cry for money. In addition to that, the games that require an online pass will eventually have their servers taken offline or the servers will become dead. You're essentially paying for content that will no longer exist eventually.
---
"Fantastic baby."
Currently playing: R&C HD Collection, Borderlands 2, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed III
#7QwelzaarKanePosted 1/9/2013 3:39:07 AM
Capcom for the simple fact that they can make great games, yet they chose not to.
---
We sock more mouths than Mankind
http://i.minus.com/i9zSMI5Oq8SvB.gif
#8DemiFistPosted 1/9/2013 3:43:14 AM
QwelzaarKane posted...
Capcom for the simple fact that they can make great games, yet they chose not to.

plenty of great CAPCOM games out there. You just have poor taste.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#9BeknessPosted 1/9/2013 3:44:57 AM
656stooge posted...
EA. And it's not even close. Unless you're a PC gamer and you're bitter about blizzard then I can't see how Activision is a problem. Sure they milk CoD, but it's not like they're introducing practice that hurt the whole industry, unlike EA who are soley responsible for the online pass.

EA also buy and kill great companies and IP's and they're currently in the process of murdering my beloved Bioware.

Capcom and SE I can understand hating, but Capcom at least puts out a few quality titles every now and then. And I'm more disappointed with SE if anything.

EA bought out popcap as well...

And activision milk CoD, that's agreed but they also milk skylanders as well.

AND EA keep making MoH more and more like CoD
---
BB<3BB
#10Cobra1010Posted 1/9/2013 3:47:53 AM
Crapcom and Square Enix will win this poll.

Look at FF14, FF13 then they even have the balls to decide to make FF13-2 and FF13-3 whilst continuing to postpone FFv13 to vaporware.

Then you have Resident evil 5 and resident evil 6 from Crapcom. And now lets wait to see how DmC turns out.
---
Playing: Nothing, maybe a bit of LoL. Am I getting old or are games this gen just mediocre?
--Yoichi Wada needs to be fired--