The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 - I am not Upgrading to 4K TV

#1whatnow12012Posted 1/9/2013 9:00:41 AM
I am so sick & tired of every generation I am forced to upgrade to a new Gen of TV now with 4K I dont think so if My 32 Inch 1080p Widsescreen using an HDMI isnt good enough for PS4 then they can stick PS4 where the sun dosent shine.

I havent even had my 1080p for maybe a year now all of a sudden we maybe forced to upgrade TVs once again with 4K now the movies such as from Sony with Total Recall & The Amazing Spiderman will also be transfering to 4K.

What is PS4 going to be sporting 4K what new TVs came out 4K, I dont have 10,000 bucks to waste on 4K, Ultra HD or whatever.

If this is the cause then I think I will stick with my PS3 just cause a new generation of consoles comes out dosent necessarily mean this gen is dead altogether.

The PS2 & PSP shown us that it ican survive even when a new console hits the market, look the PSP is even getting God 2 so the PSP is still ongoing people think that Ragnaork was the final PSP game nope God 2 is.

But I will be damned if everytime a new Gen comes I am forced to upgrade my TVs, look it is hard enough trying to get the consoles from 299 to 399 on top of this now we may even have to upgrade to a new TV. I DONT THINK SO.
#2keybladeXIIIPosted 1/9/2013 9:01:28 AM
HD to 4K is not going to be as big as a jump as SD to HD.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#3ShineboxerPosted 1/9/2013 9:08:08 AM

480<720<1080< 2160
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#4keybladeXIIIPosted 1/9/2013 9:10:46 AM

480<720<1080< 2160

I mean to the human eye, at least my human eye.
---
I hate seeing sigs with PC specs on them.
PSN: tookhster ------ Proud owner of a Wii, PS3, 360, 3DS, Vita, and now a Wii U!
#5Dave4202Posted 1/9/2013 9:13:13 AM
I am forced to upgrade my TVs

Last time I checked PS3 still worked on SD TV's, no ones forcing anything, to whine about an optional upgrade is ridiculous Ya don't want the TV don't buy it, I play games on my HD TV and I play games on my SD TV and correct me if i'm wrong here but aren't they still the same game? It's not like games lose features on different TV's.

That's like saying "WTF I just bought an IPhone 4 and now apple is forcing me to buy the IPhone 5?"

No one's forcing you to do anything.
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#6LionheartCJPosted 1/9/2013 9:13:48 AM
Meh, i'd rather wait for 8K
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSWXqC7Dlhs - The Legend Of Don Piano
#7sunchipsboiPosted 1/9/2013 9:14:57 AM(edited)
Forced? Are you underaged for this forum? No one is knocking at your door and telling you to upgrade to a 4k tv. You must be jealous that everyone has a bigger tv than yours. Grow up. Even for a PS3 a HDTV is not required.
#8Garfield64Posted 1/9/2013 9:15:19 AM
the OLED jump is bigger then the 4k jump in visual quality.
---
WARNING: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?=2426382
Is a very well known Troll, please do not fall for their shenanigans!
#9true_gamer80Posted 1/9/2013 9:17:17 AM
I am so sick & tired of every generation I am forced to upgrade to a new Gen of TV

you mean your nothing more then a drama queen spitting nonsesne out just to make another typical gf whining topic... for decades gaming consoles worked on the same tvs...years and years with no required upgrade to your tv. This is the very first gen where an upgrade was not required but preferred....so drama queen explain to everyone why every gen you were forced to upgrade your tv....or simply just explain you made nonsense up to make yet another whining topic that does nothng but prove your a whner and clearly inexperienced
---
Real Hip Hop...I miss the 90's-Puppets Of Chaos - Tru Dat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqxBDN-cv08
#10Golden MavenPosted 1/9/2013 9:23:20 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
I am so sick & tired of every generation I am forced to upgrade to a new Gen of TV now with 4K I dont think so

Sounds like you put your foot down. Don't take no crap from the big corporations.