This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 - I am not Upgrading to 4K TV

#11toadiemanPosted 1/9/2013 8:33:36 AM
I'll wait for OVER 9000 K.
---
PSN: toadieman
#12Dave4202Posted 1/9/2013 8:34:23 AM
This guy is all ass backwards, he thinks just because a system has HD that he is forced to buy it, then goes on to say he's forced to buy one every Gen.

Well PS2 had HD games which means he would have had to buy one then... which also means he wouldn't have had to buy one for PS3... ergo skipping a generation...

Trolls are just getting lazier and lazier....
---
http://social.bioware.com/n7hq/home/overview/?name=KingGuy420&platform=ps3
#13justchill433Posted 1/9/2013 8:40:44 AM
whatnow12012 posted...
I am so sick & tired of every generation I am forced to upgrade to a new Gen of TV now with 4K I dont think so if My 32 Inch 1080p Widsescreen using an HDMI isnt good enough for PS4 then they can stick PS4 where the sun dosent shine.

I havent even had my 1080p for maybe a year now

Well there you go. Don't upgrade till 6 years after they came out like you did with HDTVs. It's like people who just bought a PS3 complaining that the PS4 is already coming out. Nobody is forcing you and why don't you just wait to get the new product like you did with the current one.

Garfield64 posted...
the OLED jump is bigger then the 4k jump in visual quality.

Actually 4K makes the need for anti-aliasing moot, which is pretty big.
---
PSN: s1l3nt_x_cha0s GT: xziT4L3NTZx
*slips of cliff*
#14Elements012894Posted 1/9/2013 8:42:38 AM
Every generation?

I think PS3 gen was the only time you ever needed to upgrade your TV to maximize its potential graphics.

PS4 won't be playing 4k games unless its something like an ios port. Expect 1080p though.
---
PS+ has paid it's self for me. So from here on out I will refer to any new games as free.
#15NicodimusPosted 1/9/2013 8:43:04 AM
HD to 4K is not going to be as big as a jump as SD to HD.

480<720<1080< 2160

On paper, sure.

I think what he means is that it's not as big a jump in terms of our perception of the image. Jumping from 480p to 1080p as most people did, there was an enormous difference in the way it looked to the human eye. Jumping from 1080p to 2160p, it will look a bit nicer, but visually it won't be the same night and day difference as 480 to 1080. Basically, there are diminishing returns based on how we perceive.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#16secondhand1Posted 1/9/2013 8:51:34 AM
Then it's a good thing 4k isn't practical in a home theater environment.
---
The inherent idiocy of youth often outweighs its many advantages.
#17Sp8cemanSpiffPosted 1/9/2013 8:53:11 AM
Unless Sony expects you to spend 2000 bucks on the PS4 you aren't going to see any true 4K games anyway. Besides, the average gamer won't be able to reap the benefits of a 4K tv given the average tv size and viewing distance to begin with. Even 1080p is probably overkill unless you are sitting directly in front of a computer monitor.
---
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -C.S. Lewis
#18legionofpancakePosted 1/9/2013 8:58:16 AM
Wow, and I was finally about to upgrade to a 720p TV. Man, I am behind on the times. Oh well! This just means that the TV I want will surely drop price at some point. I hope.
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#19djwagonPosted 1/9/2013 9:12:21 AM
sorry .if I sound dumb here .but what do you really get with a 4k tv .lets also say to this .why upgrade .that means YOU have to upgrade to match the output of this 4k tv .is it really that much of money lost for a total upgrade to match something that will be out dated by the time you finally have the last past of the 4k stuff hooked up
---
when I was here before I went by the screen name IMPORTER1..
#20RyuuHou25Posted 1/9/2013 9:13:23 AM
Most games won't even utilize 4K resolution, if any at all. Look at PS3, there's a big chunk of the library that doesn't utilize 1080p even. Plus, as others have said, to most people and even hardcore tech freaks, it's not going to be as big a jump.

In fact, most people probably won't even notice a difference at all. Considering the leap that 1080p gave and blu ray and all, and a lot of people don't notice much a difference with that.....
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB