This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 - I am not Upgrading to 4K TV

#21PHOENIXZEROPosted 1/9/2013 10:14:34 AM(edited)
^ There's a ton of PS3 games that don't even properly utilize 720p...

Games aren't going to be running at it anyway and that resolution is going to be largely pointless for a vast majority of people.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#22MlREFOXPosted 1/9/2013 10:19:52 AM
So according to TC's logic, supporting a feature is the same as forcing you to use that feature now?

My AVR supports a third zone, but I never used it. I must have gotten a magic AVR that works in spite of me not using all its supported features. Dodged a bullet, there.

Seriously, though, I have never heard so much unfounded, whiny comnplaints about advancements in technology.
#23mogar002Posted 1/9/2013 10:20:40 AM
Dave4202 posted...
I am forced to upgrade my TVs

Last time I checked PS3 still worked on SD TV's, no ones forcing anything, to whine about an optional upgrade is ridiculous Ya don't want the TV don't buy it, I play games on my HD TV and I play games on my SD TV and correct me if i'm wrong here but aren't they still the same game? It's not like games lose features on different TV's.

That's like saying "WTF I just bought an IPhone 4 and now apple is forcing me to buy the IPhone 5?"

No one's forcing you to do anything.

Most of this board will flame you/troll you if they find out you play SD. Some even go as far as to pm threats too lol. Might as well consider that forcing.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#24dexalotPosted 1/9/2013 10:23:08 AM
We dont even have constant 1080p yet, they wont be able to force 4k on gaming for along time and i would hate to see the price of the computer you would have to buy to get that. Main thing i hope for ps4 is for the 3d option on most if not all games, Im probably part of the crowd that thinks 4k isnt gonna be much of a leap, I already bought a 3dtv i dont need another upgrade anytime soon. I think my spiderman 3d blu ray would excite me more than a 4k version any day
#25NicodimusPosted 1/9/2013 10:37:21 AM
Don't forget 2 things when it comes to 4K:

-Resolution only ranks 4th in importance according to the ISF. There are other factors that contribute more to picture quality.

-You'll gain much more immersion from getting a proper 5.1 audio setup (even a cheap one) then a new 4K TV.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#26SDFan18Posted 1/9/2013 10:43:21 AM
The PS4 will finally be able to run most games in true HD most likely. The games are gonna look a lot better on what we have right now, no need to upgrade if you didn't want to.
---
"Welcome to nowhere and finding out where it is."
PSN ID: BBFaNaTiC86
#27wigsplasherPosted 1/9/2013 10:54:30 AM
"Every generation"? This gen is the first gen where buying a new type of TV was encouraged.
---
3D gaming is overrated
#28Neoreloaded313Posted 1/9/2013 10:56:07 AM
Somewhat premature, we have no way of knowing if ps3 will be 4k
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#29BlinkWinkelPosted 1/9/2013 11:07:35 AM
Dave4202 posted...
I am forced to upgrade my TVs

Last time I checked PS3 still worked on SD TV's, no ones forcing anything, to whine about an optional upgrade is ridiculous Ya don't want the TV don't buy it, I play games on my HD TV and I play games on my SD TV and correct me if i'm wrong here but aren't they still the same game? It's not like games lose features on different TV's.

That's like saying "WTF I just bought an IPhone 4 and now apple is forcing me to buy the IPhone 5?"

No one's forcing you to do anything.

Yeah, no need to upgrade your TV. I used to play PS3 on an old TV connected with Red/Yellow/White cables before I got a LCD TV and used a HDMI cable. Even though the video quality wasn't that good on the old TV, I could still play PS3 games anyway.

It will be the same thing with the PS4 and 4k TVs. You'll still be able to play PS4 games on LCD TVs, and most likely even older TVs too. Nobody is forcing you to upgrade your TV.
#30archizzyPosted 1/9/2013 11:13:42 AM
I don't have the energy for this today.

Too much confusion and bad info floating around. Sigh.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton