This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 - I am not Upgrading to 4K TV

#51EstilPosted 1/9/2013 1:04:38 PM
And besides that, what's the use of 4K or even 3D TV if our cable company (Time Warner) only has about 20 or so HD channels? How about we get all the channels in HD first before we worry about any more upgrades?

PS: Not only does our apartment not allow satellites, but our apt is on the 5th floor so we literally CAN'T have a dish. :(
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#52PaladinrjaPosted 1/9/2013 1:05:32 PM
whatnow12012 posted...
I am so sick & tired of every generation I am forced to upgrade to a new Gen of TV now with 4K I dont think so if My 32 Inch 1080p Widsescreen using an HDMI isnt good enough for PS4 then they can stick PS4 where the sun dosent shine.

I havent even had my 1080p for maybe a year now all of a sudden we maybe forced to upgrade TVs once again with 4K now the movies such as from Sony with Total Recall & The Amazing Spiderman will also be transfering to 4K.

What is PS4 going to be sporting 4K what new TVs came out 4K, I dont have 10,000 bucks to waste on 4K, Ultra HD or whatever.

If this is the cause then I think I will stick with my PS3 just cause a new generation of consoles comes out dosent necessarily mean this gen is dead altogether.

The PS2 & PSP shown us that it ican survive even when a new console hits the market, look the PSP is even getting God 2 so the PSP is still ongoing people think that Ragnaork was the final PSP game nope God 2 is.

But I will be damned if everytime a new Gen comes I am forced to upgrade my TVs, look it is hard enough trying to get the consoles from 299 to 399 on top of this now we may even have to upgrade to a new TV. I DONT THINK SO.

This was ~exactly~ the reason for the Wii.
#53AwayFromHerePosted 1/9/2013 1:05:59 PM
Yeah, you will, because eventually, they'll be $300-$500, like HDTVs today.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#543D3Posted 1/9/2013 2:31:37 PM
Is the PS4 even gonna support native 4K? I DOUBT it.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#55zUkUuPosted 1/9/2013 2:35:01 PM
3D3 posted...
Is the PS4 even gonna support native 4K? I DOUBT it.

pretty sure it does for movies.
#56Asd202Posted 1/9/2013 2:37:34 PM(edited)
It will support 4k but 99% of user base won't even use it with how these TV's are priced.
#573D3Posted 1/9/2013 2:39:42 PM
Asd202 posted...
It will support 4k but 99% of user base won't even use it with how these TV's are priced.

Games will support 4K? I can't wait to see it.
---
Because Naughty Dog
Joel+Ellie=Jelly...You Jelly?
#58schadowPosted 1/9/2013 2:44:03 PM
Sony's Vita has a high resolution. Do any of the developers care? Nope. They just upscale everything.

So why would 4K resolution be feasible for a PS4? Given that currently 95% of games are 720p, and many AAA titles that push the system to its limit has serious framerate problems at times.

4K not gon happen yet.
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!