This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any other JRPGs as good as Dragon's Dogma?

#21RafedxPosted 1/9/2013 1:06:23 PM(edited)
howdyneighbor25 posted...
NextGenISbetter posted...
Looks like TC didn't play Demon's souls

so sad to hear

Game sucks. Unnecessarily too hard. Dragons dogma got the difficulty down right

Unnecessarily too hard? The game is built around patience and patterns once you have both of those the games become a lot easier. Demons Souls is a bit more punishing due to having to restart the area if you die whereas DkS for me was easier just because of the bon fires. Hell for most of the bosses in DS there is a way to basically glitch the AI and get really cheap hits in the enemy until they are dead.

DD was about medium difficulty when I started a new game then quickly turned into ultra easy mode after like level 35 or something.

Also too hard doesn't mean it sucks, just means you suck at it.

TC there are not may games similar to DD, Demons and Dark Souls are close but still different in many ways, but still worth playing if you haven't already and are okay with having your patience tried over and over again until you figure it out.
---
http://www.terra-comic.com --> Terra: a Science Fiction Webcomic / Updates every 15th of the month.
#22BoosterBurstPosted 1/9/2013 1:07:27 PM
Dragon's Dogma is boring, bland and clunky. The story is terrible, the pawns are weird (are they like a race or something? It's so stupid.). The combat is meh, the art style is bleh, etc. To me, DD is a 5/10 game, and nothing like a JRPG. Feels more western if anything.
#23zyrax2301Posted 1/9/2013 1:09:32 PM
I wouldn't really recommend Demons/Dark Souls next to Dragon's Dogma. They're not the same kind of game...

But they are definitely the best RPGs this gen, and similar enough that you'd probably enjoy them.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#24NicodimusPosted 1/9/2013 3:09:57 PM
Dragon's Dogma is boring, bland and clunky. The story is terrible, the pawns are weird (are they like a race or something? It's so stupid.). The combat is meh, the art style is bleh, etc. To me, DD is a 5/10 game, and nothing like a JRPG. Feels more western if anything.

Well, you said one thing that's true.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#25Godly_GoofPosted 1/9/2013 3:13:48 PM
Valkyria Chronicles
Disgaea 4
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#26peter_888Posted 1/9/2013 3:14:56 PM
well there are a couple of jrpg which I think are better. But they're different in form so yeah.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#27kcypher2000Posted 1/9/2013 3:15:33 PM
ScreamingMidget posted...
Demon's and Dark Souls are much better.

The combat in the souls games is horrible. So slow and waiting for stamina to regen takes forever. Daggers swing like two handedswords. Dragons Dogma is way better.
#28SigmaHacielPosted 1/9/2013 3:18:08 PM
kcypher2000 posted...

The combat in the souls games is horrible. So slow and waiting for stamina to regen takes forever. Daggers swing like two handedswords. Dragons Dogma is way better.

The combat in the Souls games feels RIGHT.

It isn't some arcadey bull.
#29ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/9/2013 8:14:21 PM
kcypher2000 posted...

The combat in the souls games is horrible.

False.
#30blax34dmPosted 1/9/2013 8:21:48 PM
ReyMilansteryo posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Xenoblade Chronicles, but it's expensive.

Thats for the WiiWii

It's still 50$ at gamestop...