This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If UBI had the sack of a water buffalo, they'd make the ultimate Assassins Creed

#31calhoun1389Posted 1/10/2013 8:03:53 AM
MlREFOX posted...
near-universal agreement

What universe are you living in?
---
My first born, Jackson was born on Friday, May 11, 2012.
My Anime List: http://tinyurl.com/c6ylh9y (Updates regularly)
#32KaliestoPosted 1/10/2013 8:23:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#33MlREFOXPosted 1/10/2013 9:01:54 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
MlREFOX posted...
near-universal agreement

What universe are you living in?

The one where the vast majority of historical scholars, both Christian and non-Christian, recognize a historical teacher named Jesus as evidenced by Roman records. It is a good test to show the ignorant atheist from the thoughtful atheist because the question is Jesus' divinity, not his existence.
#34calhoun1389Posted 1/10/2013 9:25:29 AM
MlREFOX posted...
The one where the vast majority of historical scholars, both Christian and non-Christian, recognize a historical teacher named Jesus as evidenced by Roman records. It is a good test to show the ignorant atheist from the thoughtful atheist because the question is Jesus' divinity, not his existence.

Yeah, except when someone mentions "Jesus," the default concept is "Jesus - The Demigod," not "Jesus - The Mortal Teacher." You don't see the masses proclaiming things in the name of "Jesus, son of Mary and Joseph," but rather "Jesus, son of God."
---
#35MlREFOXPosted 1/10/2013 10:30:01 AM
calhoun1389 posted...
MlREFOX posted...

Yeah, except when someone mentions "Jesus," the default concept is "Jesus - The Demigod," not "Jesus - The Mortal Teacher." You don't see the masses proclaiming things in the name of "Jesus, son of Mary and Joseph," but rather "Jesus, son of God."

I understand. My point, though, was simply that there is always the inevitable uneducated smartass that thinks he is being witty and edgy by saying Jesus doesn't exist while in reality he is just proving himself ignorant. And it makes me laugh.
#36calhoun1389Posted 1/10/2013 10:37:12 AM
MlREFOX posted...
I understand. My point, though, was simply that there is always the inevitable uneducated smartass that thinks he is being witty and edgy by saying Jesus doesn't exist while in reality he is just proving himself ignorant. And it makes me laugh.

Duly noted.
---
#37Stanger5150Posted 1/10/2013 9:30:45 PM
MlREFOX posted...
calhoun1389 posted...
MlREFOX posted...

To say he doesn't exist, is not the same thing as saying he DIDN'T exist.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#38SCStunner316Posted 1/10/2013 9:40:49 PM
Did the TC's topic title remind anyone else of this....

Homer: Oooooooo! Buffalo testicles!
Lisa: Those are apples.
---
Last.FM: http://www.last.fm/user/BBFootBallr54
Twitter: @IAmBPBurke