This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Have you ever been made fun of for playing a game?

#1Scarecrow1711Posted 1/9/2013 7:23:37 PM
For me, I've been made fun of for playing these games and these are the reasons they are disliked among people I talk to.

Lego Batman 2 is a game that highschoolers should not be playing(It's kiddish?)
Batman Arkham City is a terrible game compared to MW2(which has God status amomg my peers)
Mass Effect 3 is weird for its alien sex(Even though it's optional and I've said this numerous times)
I was also made fun of for playing League of Legends because of the game's name(Seriously? Who the **** makes fun of someone because of the name of a game they play?)

Has this happend to anyone else? It's really fustrating.
---
Hobonet - Internet for the homeless. Now available under a bridge near you!
#2Twolvesrule88Posted 1/9/2013 7:25:44 PM
Back in my day, it eventually became not cool to play Pokemon.
---
Eon8 survivor 7/1/06
PSN: yavigril
#3jammiesPosted 1/9/2013 7:27:56 PM
No.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#4zyrax2301Posted 1/9/2013 7:28:54 PM
*scratches head*

I don't think so...but I've made fun of lots of people for playing COD.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#5xhelplessxPosted 1/9/2013 7:30:09 PM
I get made fun of all the time I love cute adventure games while my buddies are playing CoD.
#6Elswood2112Posted 1/9/2013 7:32:52 PM
Not really, but playing games isn't something I regularly divulged with random individuals... most of my friends didn't care as far as I can remember.

Though, last year when SSX came out a friend made fun of me for being excited about it.
---
PSN: Elswood2112
Steam/Origin: shirahadori
#7bigbrandon1986Posted 1/9/2013 8:27:21 PM
I remember renting animal crossing for the gamecube when I was younger. I caught hell for that. Only rented because of the praise I saw for it online. Hated the game and took it back. To this day I still don't understand animal crossing and my friends still bring it up that I wasted money renting it.

Oh and britneys dance beat but that's a long story
---
imurhero
#8killakPosted 1/9/2013 8:29:42 PM
ROFL.
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#9Stanger5150Posted 1/9/2013 8:30:22 PM
Got picked on by a Madden fanatic back in 8th grade for playing Donkey Kong Country... I showed him the game, and he shut his f****** mouth.
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#10Shadowbird_RHPosted 1/9/2013 8:40:30 PM(edited)
My sister (34, I'm 30) was over visiting with her kids and she gave me a bit of ridicule for playing Rune Factory Frontier. She's the kind of ***** who'll use any reason to place others beneath her at any opportunity. Of course, I was playing a mild game because she's crazy about not exposing her kids to media with any degree of violence in it. If I thought about it then, I should have gracefully apologized for my childish choice in games, thanked her for showing me the error of my ways, and plugged in No More Heroes.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR