This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's sad that a 3D platformer has to be priced at $40 for today's gamers....

#1Dark World RulerPosted 1/9/2013 6:25:03 PM
So they can be more likely to buy it. I love 3D platformers and Im stoked for Sly: Thieves in Time but it's clear that a lot of developers don't make them on the HD consoles because of today's gamers. And when they do like with Banjo: Nuts and Bolts and Sonic Generations, they need to be sold at a marked down price on their release.

It amazes me how people can buy annual releases of tired series for full $60 and spend even more on their loads of DLC, but a game like Sly 4 that has probably more content, hours of play, and more variety than most games has to be priced at $40..... Just because of the type of game it is.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#2Stanger5150Posted 1/9/2013 6:26:40 PM
Only on gameFAQs would a cheaper launch price be considered a bad thing!

F*** me...
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Final Fantasy, Alice: Madness Returns, The Walking Dead, Far Cry 3, Contra III, Okami HD
#3SayoriaPosted 1/9/2013 6:27:03 PM
Not into Sly. If we got a 60 dollar Crash BAndicoot 4 from Naughty Dog, then yeah, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
---
Sailor Moon returns 2013! O_o
#4A_Nonny_MoosePosted 1/9/2013 6:31:03 PM(edited)
I expect it to be full price in the UK, and I'm willing to pay that much.

But I am all for a variable pricing system. If B games having B prices means we get more B games then I am happy. (B referring to production value, as opposed to AA, AAA, and the like).
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#5zyrax2301Posted 1/9/2013 6:28:19 PM
It's sad that Rayman: Origins is still way too expensive for a dinky little platformer, so I still haven't played it.
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#6zerooo0Posted 1/9/2013 6:28:37 PM
Stanger5150 posted...

F*** me...

From what I realized with GFaqs you got to start expecting the natural Blonde out of people here.
---
Average mind set of SOME GFaq Users
If it's the same it's boring. If it's different condemn it to death.
#7zyrax2301Posted 1/9/2013 6:30:50 PM
^ HAIR RACIST
---
Why? Because **** you is why.
#8GoodOlWanduPosted 1/9/2013 6:34:15 PM
Although i cant wait for Sly 4, i wont complain about the price. I would buy day one for $60 , but paying $40 will still support them and hopefully get them more sales.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
#9Dark World Ruler(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 6:35:59 PM
Stanger5150 posted...

F*** me...

It is, it speaks volumes of the way that the gaming world views 3D platformers today and why we don't get enough of them on the HD consoles. You have to look at the big picture
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#10xhelplessxPosted 1/9/2013 6:36:37 PM
I've read this like 5 times is this guy really complaining that the game that he wants is cheaper than other games? You can pay the 40 bucks for the game and give me 20 so its like you paid full price.