This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Free "Double Fine Adventure" giveaway

#1True_Story_GuyPosted 1/9/2013 9:14:21 PM
http://www.doublefine.com/forums/viewthread/8350/

When does it start? NOW
When does it end? Friday, 25 January at 12PM (Midday/Noon) Eastern Daylight Time. CLICK HERE to see when the giveaway ends in your Country/City/Timezone
Prize: ONE (1) of TWENTY (20) Double Fine Adventure Slacker Backer Packages™!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen of this Double Fine establishment, I cheerfully and proudly present to you all the first ever ‘Fairest Game Giveaway in the World!!!” The game on offer for this wondrous occasion is none other than the Double Fine Adventure! That’s right! You, YES YOU, could be one of TWENTY (20) lucky people to walk away with a free copy of the Double Fine Adventure Slacker Backer Package™!

In case you’ve been living under a rock for the past few months, the Double Fine Adventure (not the real, final name obviously) is a classic, 2D point-and-click adventure game being developed by Double Fine, lead by Tim Schafer himself and funded by a successful (understatement of the century) Kickstarter campaign by fans of adventure! Does that sound incredible? Of course it does and now YOU have a chance to be along for the ride!

What does the ‘Double Fine Adventure Slacker Backer Package™’ get you, you may wonder? Well, you get all of this ABSOLUTELY FREE:

* Private Backer Forum Access for development updates - Seriously, check out all the cool stuff you’re missing out on by clicking here http://www.doublefine.com/dfa! Not only can you read all of that and make your own mind explode, YOU will also be able to contribute to the discussions and talk directly with the team making the game!

* HD Streaming versions of the documentary series - Currently (at the time of this posting) there are seven episodes of a real, true, behind the scenes look at development of the Double Fine Adventure, filmed by the fantastic people of 2 Player Productions (the same people who filmed the documentary Minecraft: The Story of Mojang). In it, backers get to see the highs and lows of game development, as well as see the faces and raw skill of those involved in the production of the DFA. If that wasn’t enough, you also get to see ‘Sidequest’ - extra footage captured that didn’t necessarily fit within the theme of an episode. Ever wanted to see Tim Schafer play his own games or find out more about the people working at Double Fine? ‘Sidequest’ is just for you. That means YOU get to watch over SIX (6) HOURS of footage for FREE! How freaking cool is that?

* Access to the BETA (PC/Mac on Steam) - You’ve watched the footage. You’ve read all the updates. You still want more and now you’ve got it! YOU get the opportunity to play the Beta of the Double Fine Adventure! Test the game early, offer your thoughts on puzzle design (are some of the puzzles too easy or too hard?) and squish as many game breaking bugs as possible! Oh yeah, you also get to see the game earlier than anyone else IN THE WORLD!

* Download of the finished game, DRM FREE on PC, Mac or Linux AND a Steam code for the finished game on PC or Mac - BOOM! You’ve been on one hell of a ride and it has all lead to this. Enjoy it, show it off to your friends and family and tell them that YOU were there man, YOU WERE THERE!

I bet you’re salivating right about now and wondering ‘Gee, how do I get the chance to get a copy of this fine package?’ It’s absolutely simple; all you have to do is reply to this thread with the following -

I WANT TO BE A SLACKER BACKER FOR ADVENTURE!!!
(All caps, bold text)

That’s it. It really is that, freaking simple.

Now I bet you’re wondering - how could I possibly select TWENTY (20!!!) people out of (insert extraordinarily large number here)? I have a little something up my sleeve and it is this little something that makes this giveaway the fairest in the world. May I present to you, THE RANDOMISER!
---
I'm so going to enjoy kicking your ass, provided I roll a 4 or better.
#2arstosPosted 1/9/2013 9:53:07 PM
i really hope his new game comes to psn at some point :/
---
PSN: dragonlibrarian plays; Awesomenauts, Skullgirls, Jojo's HD, SSFIITHDR, SFIII: OE, MVC2, AH3, KoF 94/95/96/XIII, VF5:FS, P4A, GGXXAC+HD, CS:GO, UTIII