This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sony own Wild Arms franchise?

#121_21Posted 1/9/2013 9:30:28 PM
Their name is found alongside the developments of the first set of Wild Arms, including the ones for PS 2 I believe.

However, the one for PSP isn't so.

How is the series, is it worth looking into?
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#2THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 1/9/2013 9:33:14 PM
It's pretty original with the whole "western" thing. Some of the games were good and some weren't.

Music is great.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#321_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:34:57 PM
I'm gonna check out those games for PS 1 hopefully soon. I hope the first two are worth playing since one of the music in 2 is simply amazing.
---
Currently playing:
#4BigRussDaGODPosted 1/9/2013 9:39:58 PM
Media.Vision develops the Wild Arms series
#5DucePosted 1/9/2013 9:42:42 PM
Yes Sony owns the Wild Arms IP one of their more underrated series Crossfire for PSP was great.
#6theofficefan99Posted 1/9/2013 9:43:09 PM
21_21 posted...
I'm gonna check out those games for PS 1 hopefully soon. I hope the first two are worth playing since one of the music in 2 is simply amazing.

Wild Arms 2 is terrible. Don't waste your money on it. If the story and characters were worth anything in the original Japanese version, it's all ruined by the horrible, horrible translation. The gameplay itself is dull and the battles are laughably easy-- in fact, it might be the easiest RPG I've ever played. I skip around 80% of the battles and I still kill regular enemies in one or two hits and I'm overleveled for all bosses. Visuals are an eyesore, even for the PS1. The music is the only okay thing about it.

It's not worth your time.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#7OtakuGameraPosted 1/9/2013 9:45:24 PM
Wild Arms 2 is terrible. Don't waste your money on it. If the story and characters were worth anything in the original Japanese version, it's all ruined by the horrible, horrible translation. The gameplay itself is dull and the battles are laughably easy-- in fact, it might be the easiest RPG I've ever played. I skip around 80% of the battles and I still kill regular enemies in one or two hits and I'm overleveled for all bosses. Visuals are an eyesore, even for the PS1. The music is the only okay thing about it.

are you kidding? wild arms 2 is the best, if you think you're overleveled fight just one of the optional bosses and let me know how it goes.
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#821_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 9:46:40 PM
theofficefan99 posted...
21_21 posted...

Well, that's a mouthful of criticism you laid out, and thus I will duly note your opinion and pass the second one, then. However, one thing that's making me want to play it is this music right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMuNSZyWKzM

You gotta admit the music is pretty good.
---
Currently playing:
#9DucePosted 1/9/2013 9:50:47 PM(edited)
theofficefan99 posted...
21_21 posted...

I dont remember it being laughably easy some of the secret bosses trapped in those pyramids were tough.
#10Vivi0198Posted 1/9/2013 9:51:11 PM
The first 3 games were absolutely fantastic. 1 and 3 being my favorites.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.