This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Sony own Wild Arms franchise?

#21ORANGE666Posted 1/9/2013 10:50:41 PM
21_21 posted...
Aww, so Sony doesn't own it...

It would've been interesting to see them in All Stars Battle Royale, but whatever.

And now, more people are saying 2 is the best one in the series....

Sony DOES own it, I said yes to your thread title.
#22graveyoutoPosted 1/9/2013 11:08:29 PM
If you like Wild arm or final fantasy/othe tactics you probably need to check out the one for the psp it awsome
---
Go away im bay'ting
#23ColdmacePosted 1/9/2013 11:13:11 PM
You can download Wild Arms 1 from the Playstation Store.
#24theofficefan99Posted 1/9/2013 11:43:12 PM(edited)
OtakuGamera posted...
Wild Arms 2 is terrible. Don't waste your money on it. If the story and characters were worth anything in the original Japanese version, it's all ruined by the horrible, horrible translation. The gameplay itself is dull and the battles are laughably easy-- in fact, it might be the easiest RPG I've ever played. I skip around 80% of the battles and I still kill regular enemies in one or two hits and I'm overleveled for all bosses. Visuals are an eyesore, even for the PS1. The music is the only okay thing about it.

It's not worth your time.

are you kidding? wild arms 2 is the best, if you think you're overleveled fight just one of the optional bosses and let me know how it goes.

Explain how it's the best?

How can you enjoy the story and characters, when the translation is so horrible? There are some ENTIRE scenes that make no sense, and these aren't just the Liz and Ard scenes.

How can you enjoy the battle system, when it's so bare-bones and laughably easy? I've already fought a few optional bosses with no problems, though I didn't fight all of them. And, if I found one or two of the optional bosses to not be laughably easy... tell me, how does that rectify the issue of the entire main game being a joke, difficulty-wise?

Not even the puzzles save the game. Half of them are insanely basic, a good amount have ridiculous solutions (such as having to re-enter a certain room multiple times to get a password or item or something), and only a few are actually well-designed puzzles that are not ridiculous and not overly easy.

The visuals are also an eyesore, even for the PS1. It was released in 2000, and late 1999 for Japan. By that time (or during the same year), we've had games that look FAR better, such as Grandia, Final Fantasy VIII, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, Final Fantasy IX, and more. The only part of the visuals that AREN'T an eyesore are the two anime cutscenes in the game that aren't even animated that well for the PS1. Xenogears, Tales of Destiny and Tales of Eternia/Tales of Destiny II had better, smoother animation.

It's not a good game at all. It even has a laughable Metacritic and Gamerankings average of 68.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#25theofficefan99Posted 1/9/2013 11:43:42 PM
21_21 posted...
Hmmm, so now 2 is worth playing? Okay then, I'll look into the first three!

It's not worth playing.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#2621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2013 11:49:50 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
21_21 posted...
Aww, so Sony doesn't own it...

It would've been interesting to see them in All Stars Battle Royale, but whatever.

And now, more people are saying 2 is the best one in the series....

Sony DOES own it, I said yes to your thread title.

Yeah I read your post, but for some reason I thought that yes was for another question I asked.

That's nice, though. So I guess there' still a chance to see Wild Arms represented in All stars!
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited
#27badboyPosted 1/10/2013 1:03:46 AM(edited)
Media.Vision developed the games but SCE Japan owns it. It was localized by SCE America til 3, Agetec localized the remake of 1, and XSEED localized the rest.
#28_Matt_Engarde_Posted 1/12/2013 3:12:56 PM
I'd also like to give a shout-out to WA5, but you should play it last due to how much more impact the myriad cameos from previous games would have. Plus, save the best for last, right? (Yep, WA5 is my favorite...)
---
Official Matt Engarde of GameFAQs/Metatron of the SMTIV board.
"Hold on a sec. I'm gonna consult myself, OK?"
#29Vincent25Posted 1/12/2013 3:50:54 PM
they can be in playstation all stars battle royale even if they aren't owned by Sony *cough* Raiden, Dante, Heihachi *cough*

also Wild Arms 2 is an awesome game, in fact the entire series is awesome, play them.
#30pokemon_45_79_1Posted 1/12/2013 3:52:16 PM
I'm gonna check out those games for PS 1 hopefully soon. I hope the first two are worth playing since one of the music in 2 is simply amazing.
---
Currently playing:
999, Megaman ZX Advent, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Scribblenauts Unlimited

Wild Arms for ps1 is a great game good music, story and a very long game as well. You should enjoy it, it has 8 different boss songs in it.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.