This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

FF7 and FF10 had the best combat systems.

#201Kazuhira07Posted 1/10/2013 4:08:05 PM
FFX and VII are also the most mainstream and fanboyed FFs. To those "fans" every other FF is crap. I've enjoyed most FFs I'vr played, and to say one is miles superior than the rest is absolutely ridiculous (XIII being an exception.. I haven't played it)
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Tales of Eternia
#202Retroxgamer0Posted 1/10/2013 4:09:28 PM
ZombieAkane posted...
They are also the most successful Final Fantasy games to date.

Why do JRPG's always change things instead of going back to their roots? If it aint broke don't fix it.

because square enix doesnt like rehashing the same stuff over and over, thats why theyre so much better than 90% of developers.
#203Kazuhira07Posted 1/10/2013 4:12:15 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ZombieAkane posted...

Why do JRPG's always change things instead of going back to their roots? If it aint broke don't fix it.

because square enix doesnt like rehashing the same stuff over and over, thats why theyre so much better than 90% of developers.

Yer, most of their recent releases are remakes.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Tales of Eternia
#204Neoreloaded313Posted 1/10/2013 4:14:25 PM
I loved FF12's battle system.
---
Trolls and ignorant people gets added to my ignore list.
#205Coutts2Posted 1/10/2013 4:35:11 PM
FFX's battle system had the most potential to me, but for the majority of the game I found myself using the worst player to attack first, then trade in the other and finally kill an enemy with the best suited character so they all got experience. Had they just given everyone experience regardless of whether they participated or not it would be the best by far in my opinion.
---
PSN: Geoff-C-
#206Spiroth_KweehhPosted 1/10/2013 5:57:05 PM
Kazuhira07 posted...
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ZombieAkane posted...

Yer, most of their recent releases are remakes.

Last 10 FINAL FANTASY games from most recent to less recent (not re-releases, just remakes and original games):

1) FINAL FANTASY Dimensions
2) Theatrhythm : FINAL FANTASY
3) FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
4) FINAL FANTASY Type-0
5) FINAL FANTASY IV: The Complete Collection
6) Dissidia Duodecim [012] : FINAL FANTASY
7) FINAL FANTASY XIV (Version 1.0)
8) FINAL FANTASY XIII
9) FINAL FANTASY Crystal Chronicles : The Crystal Bearers
10) FINAL FANTASY : The 4 Heroes of Light

Out of their 10 most recent FINAL FANTASY releases, 9 are original games, and just 1 is a remake, and that is a 20th Anniversary Compilation of the 2 installments that compile FINAL FANTASY IV, that even includes a new small story on every enhancement the remakes have.
---
Official Wild Chocobo of the Dissidia 012 [Duodecim]: Final Fantasy Board
Official Wild Chocobo of the Final Fantasy world
#207ExtremeLightPosted 1/10/2013 6:02:48 PM
ZombieAkane posted...

Ahem...

X>X-2>XII>XIII-2>XIII>Dissidia>VII
I rest my case.

Also why would they say the same? X, X-2, XII were all great combat and they were completely different from the others.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#208chrombotPosted 1/10/2013 9:32:10 PM
Retroxgamer0 posted...
ZombieAkane posted...

SE? Doesn't like rehashing?

They've ported nearly every FF game at least twice, if not thrice for some of them.
There's no shame in doing the same thing again once or twice. Don't do the same every year, sure. When people respond to it, give them more. Instead, they ARE rehashing with FF13. Which while successful, isn't the most successful game they've made. They're not giving people what they want. That makes them inferior to any developer that does.
#209koujimorenoPosted 1/10/2013 9:45:13 PM
My favorite battle system is Chrono Cross' battle system.
#210Llewelyn7Posted 1/10/2013 10:30:27 PM
"BACK TO THEIR ROOTS"
Says topic poster.

If you want roots, look at 5, it was a clear evolution from the series and the peak in my opinion. Tactics was a spin off from 5 with other elements and also a contender for the best battle system.

7 and 10? It makes me think you haven't played half the series when you say that
---
I love the Power Glove. It's so bad. - Lucas