This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here is what some Japanese Devs are looking forward to in 2013

#1lninjasoniclPosted 1/10/2013 6:22:52 AM
http://kotaku.com/5974773/heres-what-some-japanese-developers-are-looking-forward-to-in-2013

My favorite:

Company: Square Enix
Keyword/phrase: "A Shift to Online Service"
Look To 2013: Establish MMO games and social games as well as strengthening IP.

......ugh
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#2bob15xPosted 1/10/2013 6:28:02 AM
lninjasonicl posted...
http://kotaku.com/5974773/heres-what-some-japanese-developers-are-looking-forward-to-in-2013

My favorite:

......ugh

Well they off, because MMOs are becoming a thing of the past. They have so much riding on FFXIV and it is pretty much a guaranteed failure.
#3You_Need_A_LifePosted 1/10/2013 6:31:19 AM
Good. Square went down because they spent every penny they had making that terrible Final Fantasy movie that had no resemblance to anything Final Fantaasy, and Enix weaseled their way in there. Hopefully Enix goes down and someone who actually cares about making good games will jump in and turn things around.

Here's hoping for Squenix-Konami, or Squenix-Ubi in the near future.
#4ShineboxerPosted 1/10/2013 6:31:47 AM
lninjasonicl posted...

My favorite:

......ugh

Well they off, because MMOs are becoming a thing of the past. They have so much riding on FFXIV and it is pretty much a guaranteed failure.

Online games a thing of the past? no bro, just no.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#5DeviousLightPosted 1/10/2013 6:33:08 AM
Shineboxer posted...
lninjasonicl posted...

My favorite:

......ugh

Online games a thing of the past? no bro, just no.

Yes bro yes. MMOs are
---
Gamefaqs. Where Frequently Asked Questions are forbidden.
#6Godly_GoofPosted 1/10/2013 6:34:48 AM
You_Need_A_Life posted...
Good. Square went down because they spent every penny they had making that terrible Final Fantasy movie that had no resemblance to anything Final Fantaasy, and Enix weaseled their way in there. Hopefully Enix goes down and someone who actually cares about making good games will jump in and turn things around.

Enix is the problem? ..... You sir are the dumbest person alive. Especially since when Square bought them out they were still on the forefront of DQ games and were redefining release dates for games in Japan because ever since DQ3 came out they can't release them on a weekday because the country shut down from so many people trying to get it. Not to mention all the tramplings, thefts, fights etc. over it >.>
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#7TiaelPosted 1/10/2013 6:37:20 AM
Godly_Goof posted...

Enix is the problem? ..... You sir are the dumbest person alive. Especially since when Square bought them out they were still on the forefront of DQ games and were redefining release dates for games in Japan because ever since DQ3 came out they can't release them on a weekday because the country shut down from so many people trying to get it. Not to mention all the tramplings, thefts, fights etc. over it >.>

Enix bought Square out.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#8lninjasonicl(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 12:07:43 PM
Tiael posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Enix bought Square out.

merger
---
I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. Best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes.
#9TiaelPosted 1/10/2013 12:10:52 PM(edited)
lninjasonicl posted...
Tiael posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Enix bought Square out.

merger

Enix being the larger aspect of the merger, especially after the Spirits Within debacle, which made them hesitant.
And the Enix founder being the largest shareholder of SE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuhiro_Fukushima
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#10deprofundis442Posted 1/10/2013 12:24:08 PM
Tiael posted...
lninjasonicl posted...
Tiael posted...
Godly_Goof posted...

Enix bought Square out.

merger

Enix being the larger aspect of the merger, especially after the Spirits Within debacle, which made them hesitant.
And the Enix founder being the largest shareholder of SE.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuhiro_Fukushima

No. By the time the deal went through, Square stocks were traded at higher value than Enix stocks, with the square side taking more control of the company than Enix.