This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's frustrating that most Jrpgs are basically made for the Otaku in Japan.

#1Bayonetta_Posted 1/10/2013 6:32:35 AM
I believe both Jrpgs and most modern Anime is aimed at what sells in Japan. Your hardcore or Average Japanese person DOESN'T like loli, moe or most of what's coming out. This is why it's frustrates me when western Japanophiles say " It's for the Japanese not you". Truth is it's for the obsessed disturbed Otakus NOT your hardcore or average Japanese person.

Just think for a sec if Japanese devs stopped pandering to disturbed Otakus. We would see less cliche themes, way less feminine guys, more logical storylines, older characters and maybe less tedium in general. If you take modern anime and disturbing Otaku out of Japanese gaming you'll have a force to be reckoned with. It's these two things that hold Japanese gaming industry back.

I really want to see what Japanese devs can do when they aren't enslaved to those two systems of control. With some training in how to make good storylines I do believe they could surpass western devs, But that's if they dropped anime and Otaku pandering.
#2ShineboxerPosted 1/10/2013 6:35:16 AM
No you're right, the vast majority of people in Japan, do not like anime. Why can't we have an original idea and not just the same sheep games.
---
Intel Core i5-3570K | ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE |ASUS GeForce GTX 660 Ti | G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB | 3TB Seagate Barracuda x2 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD
#3Godly_GoofPosted 1/10/2013 6:37:16 AM
Obvious troll topic lol.
Your not even trying anymore are you? O_o
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."
#4lambchipsPosted 1/10/2013 6:48:00 AM
Bayonetta_ posted...
I believe both Jrpgs and most modern Anime is aimed at what sells in Japan. Your hardcore or Average Japanese person DOESN'T like loli, moe or most of what's coming out. This is why it's frustrates me when western Japanophiles say "It's for the Japanese not you". Truth is it's for the obsessed disturbed Otakus NOT your hardcore or average Japanese person.

Just think for a sec if Japanese devs stopped pandering to disturbed Otakus. We would see less cliche themes, way less feminine guys, more logical storylines, older characters and maybe less tedium in general. If you take modern anime and disturbing Otaku out of Japanese gaming you'll have a force to be reckoned with. It's these two things that hold Japanese gaming industry back.

I really want to see what Japanese devs can do when they aren't enslaved to those two systems of control. With some training in how to make good storylines I do believe they could surpass western devs, But that's if they dropped anime and Otaku pandering.

need definitions for the words that are bold... im not going to bother googling all that
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#5Bayonetta_(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2013 6:48:23 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
Obvious troll topic lol.
Your not even trying anymore are you? O_o

Explain how I'm trolling. Because I want to know the truth about what's really going on in Japan? Or is it I'm blunt as hell in what I say? I'm not a soft type of person and I really don't give a darn if people like me or not. What I care about is Japan. What Otakus and Japanophiles care about is turning Japan into a damn joke.

-I stated I care for japan.
-I enjoy older Japanese entertainment.
-What I don't like is seeing all these western Japan fanboys kissing Japan's ass just because they have Anime and loli. Most of you have no clue just how damaged Japan really is.
#6SieKensouPosted 1/10/2013 6:50:45 AM
lambchips posted...
Bayonetta_ posted...
I believe both Jrpgs and most modern Anime is aimed at what sells in Japan. Your hardcore or Average Japanese person DOESN'T like loli, moe or most of what's coming out. This is why it's frustrates me when western Japanophiles say "It's for the Japanese not you". Truth is it's for the obsessed disturbed Otakus NOT your hardcore or average Japanese person.

need definitions for the words that are bold... im not going to bother googling all that

do you know what a loan word is?... the english language has tons of them.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#7Evil_GogetaPosted 1/10/2013 6:51:09 AM
Bayonetta_ moaning misinformation topic #300

Clearly you have no idea the true meaning of the word `Otaku` or anything about Japan.
---
PSN/Wii U: GuiltyPersona Official Foreign JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken #1 Fan
Playing: (PS3) Shin Hokuto Musou, Sora no Kiseki FC Kai (WiiU) MH3GHD, Sangokushi 12.
#8lambchipsPosted 1/10/2013 6:51:59 AM
SieKensou posted...
do you know what a loan word is?... the english language has tons of them.

i still need definitions for the bold words... i have no idea wtf tc is talking about otherwise
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#9ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/10/2013 6:52:15 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...

Clearly you have no idea the true meaning of the word `Otaku` or anything about Japan.

Wish the mods would actually ban trolls, instead of warning me for disliking Skyrim, lol.
#10Godly_GoofPosted 1/10/2013 6:52:55 AM
Evil_Gogeta posted...

Meh he's just another uneducated racist hating on Japan for no reason and trying to act "cool" by trying to flame the current popular topic.

Just ignore him.
---
"All things are about Jesus Homer .......... Except this."