This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It's frustrating that most Jrpgs are basically made for the Otaku in Japan.

#51Dr3adn0ugh7Posted 1/11/2013 9:44:55 AM
SieKensou posted...
Eroyume posted...
i assume you also dont know those words? well dont feel too bad because most average people wouldnt have a clue what any of those words mean

Yes, I'm completely clueless. These must be defined immediately.

can you also please define all of the loan words that exist in the english language while you are at it?

Hmmm, that guy doesn't know what Otaku means.... YOU MUST NOT KNOW ANY OF THE LOAN WORDS THAT EXIST IN ENGLISH!

No, screw the rules, you are a ******. I'm not going to hold your hand through this.
#52majin nemesisPosted 1/11/2013 9:47:57 AM
Bayonetta_ posted...
I believe both Jrpgs and most modern Anime is aimed at what sells in Japan. Your hardcore or Average Japanese person DOESN'T like loli, moe or most of what's coming out. This is why it's frustrates me when western Japanophiles say " It's for the Japanese not you". Truth is it's for the obsessed disturbed Otakus NOT your hardcore or average Japanese person.

Just think for a sec if Japanese devs stopped pandering to disturbed Otakus. We would see less cliche themes, way less feminine guys, more logical storylines, older characters and maybe less tedium in general. If you take modern anime and disturbing Otaku out of Japanese gaming you'll have a force to be reckoned with. It's these two things that hold Japanese gaming industry back.

I really want to see what Japanese devs can do when they aren't enslaved to those two systems of control. With some training in how to make good storylines I do believe they could surpass western devs, But that's if they dropped anime and Otaku pandering.

don't like them don't play them
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#53DragoonGriffithPosted 1/11/2013 10:07:05 AM
Why is the PS3 board so obssesed over whether something is loli, moe or anime to begin with?

If you don't like what anime and JRPGs have turned into, then just don't freaking play the games and leave those who do like them alone.

I'd understand if this topic wasn't discussed a million times, but it has and it does come across as trolling the more I see it, both from the TC and those who support him/her.
---
Currently playing: CT (DS), ToR, LoZ:WW.
#54FoolMeNeverPosted 1/11/2013 10:08:54 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...
Why is the PS3 board so obssesed over whether something is loli, moe or anime to begin with?

If you don't like what anime and JRPGs have turned into, then just don't freaking play the games and leave those who do like them alone.

I'd understand if this topic wasn't discussed a million times, but it has and it does come across as trolling the more I see it, both from the TC and those who support him/her.

I still laugh whenever I see TC's idea for the next Persona game.
---
A man who argues with people, who aren't even there,
is more fit to rap against this ****ing chair!
#55ScreamingMidgetPosted 1/11/2013 10:14:02 AM
DragoonGriffith posted...

Because the PS3 board hates Japan and needs to express this by calling everyone who doesn't hate Japan a pedophile. They also believe that Japan only revolves around loli and moe.
#56Meta LobsterPosted 1/11/2013 11:17:16 AM
It's frustrating that consumers don't buy and support the japanese games that don't focus on sexualization to show developers there's a strong enough foreign market for more varied themes.

Otaku are your competition, show them you have more money to spend and you will get your old japanese industry back. Moral high ground doesn't decide the market. Have we learned nothing from EA and other companies cash grabbing tactics?

Heck, i don't even know why you care where your 'jRPGs' come from. It's possible for a western company to design one really. There's more than enough artists on DA with a eastern style that's not all moe-fied to really deliver on art style, AND with writing that will connect with western audiences!

Not that I really care. perversion in vidya games. Disturbing voyeurism. We need to get back to more wholesome things like gore which we're already desensitized to. 1.5 million views on a Dead Space youtube video where all we do is watch Issac get killed in messed up ways? Not disturbing at all!
---
Do all you people just post just to complain about the opinions of others?
#57_tanjil_Posted 1/11/2013 11:39:27 AM
People who are calling TC a troll and saying he/she doesn't know anything about Japan.... you guys are the ones in the wrong. Maybe TC is a known troll... I wouldn't know... but the topic itself is right.

I remember some guy who was either serious but probably trolling... saying he was too lazy to google OTAKU. The term is generally used to refer to our equivalent of losers that live in their moms basements and play games all day or obsess over their fiction and spend all their money on animes, mangas, figurines, etc. And due to that life style, their sex lives tend to be non existent so they satisfy themselves through video games,

But yeah TC is right. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just blinded by love for Japan. But in fact know probably nothing about the culture other than cars, sushi, anime, manga, video games and other electronics.

Fact is unlike North America, it is really frowned upon being an adult gamer over there. Games are generally meant for kids to teens. That's a major reason for why there's such a huge shift towards portable gaming in that country.

We actually don't see most console released JRPGs. There are obviously the big names companies that make these games, those are the games that we usually see localized. Then there are the mid to small sized companies. Guess who keeps them alive, it may sound ridiculous but there are enough OTAKUs out there to sustain these guys. So generally the games are catered to their liking.