This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I applaud Sony for getting the PS3 to second place and outselling the 360

#51dj___rollPosted 1/10/2013 1:42:22 PM
PangLa posted...
Still doesn't look good for Sony since the 360 literally doesn't sell in Japan or in Asia in general. Even with the help of Japan/Asia the PS3 just slightly outsell the 360. This just proof that Microsoft has a way bigger market in NA and Europe. Sony really need to step up next gen.

How does an article saying the PS3 has outsold the 360 proof that MS has a bigger market in NA and EU? That makes absolutely no sense. Even then, the only area MS is demolishing the PS3 is the U.S. Sony needs all of Europe and Japan to overtake the 360 in sales, just the U.S. and Japan wouldn't cut it. So you are factually wrong in claiming that as well.

The only thing Sony need to do next gen is not fall all over themselves like they did this gen. Meaning, not as high an initial price point, don't make the system ridiculously different than everything else on the market and hard to program for, start with a more unified online structure, and keep their online secure.
---
...to boldly split infinitives that no man had split before...
#52dj___rollPosted 1/10/2013 1:45:52 PM
CGB_Spender posted...
Sony can ship all the consoles they want. Xbox 360 is still the most played console. Look at game sales and the size of online communities for proof. Plus Xbox 360 dominates U.S. month after month which is the biggest and most important market for video games.

Isn't Europe the biggest market?
---
#53kingofall214Posted 1/10/2013 1:46:23 PM
plasticman13 posted...
How about from the CEO of Sony's mouth

http://www.engadget.com/2013/01/08/sony-ceo-kaz-hirai-ces-2013-interview-4k/

That's the only legitimate source you posted, and Kaz said nothing about the PS2 ending production worldwide. So as I've said five times already, Japan is the only place where it is confirmed by Sony that the PS2 has ended production.

Interviewer

It's sad that the ps2 is being discontinued

Kaz

Yeah but we got to move on.
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214
#54dj___rollPosted 1/10/2013 1:46:57 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
Lulz, PS3 still in 3rd confirmed. Not surprising really, given that the company is run by buffoons.

Congrats on the job running Sony Ace!
---
#55AceAndJunpeiPosted 1/10/2013 1:48:17 PM
dj___roll posted...
AceAndJunpei posted...
Lulz, PS3 still in 3rd confirmed. Not surprising really, given that the company is run by buffoons.

Congrats on the job running Sony Ace!

Lord knows I'd do a better job than Kaz "last place" Hirai, heh:)
---
Now Playing:Touch My Katamari (Vita), NSMB U (WiiU), Dishonored (360), UMvC3 (Vita) Shadows of the Damned(PS3)
#56ace_two_maxPosted 1/10/2013 1:50:13 PM
ComfortablySad posted...
Shipped, not sold.

Xbox360 = Shipped as well

And if you want to go down that route, then I'm sure we should calculate recalls as well and deduct that from the total sales, being Xbox360 started with more errors I'm sure you find that sony is still in the lead

Also Christmas times and the sales in Europe for boxing day, easilly able to shift 7 million console across Europe in two months.
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#57Lunitik MuzikPosted 1/10/2013 1:51:12 PM
So....serious question...

Why do you guys care about this beyond fanboyism?

We're at the end of this console gen. It's not like anybody gains anything from this other than bragging rights.
#58kingofall214Posted 1/10/2013 1:54:20 PM
Lunitik Muzik posted...
So....serious question...

Why do you guys care about this beyond fanboyism?

We're at the end of this console gen. It's not like anybody gains anything from this other than bragging rights.

like I said in another topic it is a competition between 2 corporations. People like to keep score just like sports.

Who cares if your team wins the super bowl? What do you get from them?
---
---
http://psnprofiles.com/kingofall214