This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT stupidest arguments related to gaming you have heard this gen

#21theshovellerPosted 1/10/2013 2:39:48 PM
ThePatrick posted...
"Opinion, LOL!!!!!!11" Of course it's an opinion. How could we post scientific, concrete, factual, objective information about something that is subjective to begin with--like whether or not a game was "good?" You can't prove something is enjoyable or not because the quality is subjective. It's all opinion!

'Tis a sad day, indeed, when we must preface our stated opinions with a statement stating they are but opinions, and knights say "Ni!" at old women along the roadside.
#22a gPosted 1/10/2013 2:40:13 PM
people saying that story is more important than gameplay
#23Shy420Posted 1/10/2013 2:40:26 PM
Raven-Z posted...
Day 1 on-disc DLC response: "If you don't like it, don't buy it."

I did buy it. When I bought the disc. I have no problems with that.

My problem lies with buying it a second time to download a 100kb activation code.

You're not buying it a second time, you're buying an activation code for the first time.

90% of arguments pertaining to gaming are stupid.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#24silly_sausagePosted 1/10/2013 2:46:09 PM
"Gaymers? Girl Gamers? What's with all these labels? Should we call ourselves Straight White Male Gamers, or something as equally discriminatory to all outside our group? We're all just Gamers, we don't treat anybody differently.

So anyway, as I was saying, those scum of the earth Casual Gamers don't deserve to play. They're not Real Gamers like us. They're ruining the industry for Hardcore True Gamers like us."
---
John Lennon, 1940 - (Infinite Symbol)
PSN: naathaann
#25mtjormitchPosted 1/10/2013 3:00:53 PM
a g posted...
people saying that story is more important than gameplay

Going to keep happening man. That is the way video games have been heading for a very long time now. Only a child would disagree that it has only been a great thing for this medium. Story is better than gameplay just by sheer virtue of actually giving worth to the medium.
---
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again. I think it's about time to people to man up and finally say this.
#26jammiesPosted 1/10/2013 3:30:05 PM
"It's on the disc, so I already paid for it."
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#27gjc2007Posted 1/10/2013 3:33:36 PM
All of the whining concerning DMC
---
Why used games don't hurt the industry and why content passes are bull****: http://umthumbs.gametrailers.com/users/noobiablos/gamepad/?
#28agrissaPosted 1/10/2013 3:50:24 PM
Any arguments defending DLC and online passes.
---
I am the Message Board Superhero- Getting rid of trolls one at a time. You're welcome.
Number of fans: 7
#29glory of power metalPosted 1/10/2013 3:53:05 PM
"The game's only been out a month and it already has DLC! The devs are robbing to rob us, it should be free!"

Games have strict deadlines that must be met (which is a big cause for a lot of shoddy glitches and unrefined mechanics) and those deadlines are a decent amount of time before the release date. DLC soon after release means that the game was wrapped and a team immediately began working on additional material that took months to complete to be ready near the game's release.
---
i7 Quad 3.4GHz | GeForce GTX 285 | 16 GB DDR3 | NEC 2490WUXi
glory of power metal is an anagram of Lame Flowerpot Orgy. ~ kirbymuncher
#30WarhawkPosted 1/10/2013 3:57:54 PM
este914 posted...
Digital Games > Physical Games

hmmm.........!

Couple problems with that argument, it can go both ways if there's a way of buying the game either way, but isn't when there's only one way of getting the game.
---
CRP: 12949 | FAQs: 15
FAQ Outlaws | Mega Man Legends