This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITT stupidest arguments related to gaming you have heard this gen

#51RAPTall1Posted 1/10/2013 6:26:51 PM
Any argument started on GFaqs.
---
SS FC: 3653-5956-7380
White FC: 0346-8581-1315
#52matty549Posted 1/10/2013 6:39:17 PM
sales = quality
#53killakPosted 1/10/2013 6:43:10 PM
reviewers=paid
exclusives=bought

The moronic banter spawned by this site, with it's gaming hardware boards being particular offenders, is just mind blowing
---
"does the game give you any guidance at some point? How do I f***ing figure s*** out?" - darksydephil, trying to beat the opening of Bayonetta
#54mjc0961Posted 1/10/2013 6:45:30 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
Shipped =/= Sold.
Oh really? Last time I checked retailers didn't get items for free nor do they pay Sony/Microsoft only when customers buy off the shelf.
Not only that, the mentality here is that retailers just aimlessly stock up on products despite whether customers are actually buying them or not.

That's funny, my answer is shipped = sold.

Shipped consoles are not consoles people have bought. Shipped consoles are not consoles people are playing. Shipped consoles don't have an owner buying new games for them and sending more money towards Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft. Shipped consoles sit in a warehouse or store shelf hoping to be sold and used.

This is why shipped and sold are tracked separately: shipped doesn't mean anything important. Shipped consoles aren't generating any money for these companies. The console has to actually be sold to a customer before it's worth anything to whoever made it.

So yeah, the stupidest argument related to gaming I have heard this gen is pretty much the exact argument you put in your post.

That and the people who say on-disc DLC is a good thing and they appreciate companies that do it.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#55ironmaidenfan70Posted 1/10/2013 6:48:25 PM
Anything posted by devilamon and creep70
---
I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too.
#56hyjinx17Posted 1/10/2013 6:55:44 PM
a g posted...
people saying that story is more important than gameplay

in a select few genres it is. Say point and click and I would argue survival horror to an extent.
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#57mjc0961Posted 1/10/2013 6:55:45 PM
Shy420 posted...
Raven-Z posted...
Day 1 on-disc DLC response: "If you don't like it, don't buy it."

I did buy it. When I bought the disc. I have no problems with that.

My problem lies with buying it a second time to download a 100kb activation code.

You're not buying it a second time, you're buying an activation code for the first time.

90% of arguments pertaining to gaming are stupid.

If it's on the disc, you paid for it when you bought the disc. They're just refusing to let you play it until you pay for it again.

Seriously, how can anyone defend this? What is WRONG with you? They didn't spend any extra effort creating this content, we know this because it's on the disc. And no extra effort spend = they don't deserve extra money.

Make new content, then you can charge more money. But if you finished it during development and it's completed and on the disc, you have no right to charge extra for it. It's part of the launch $60 game we're paying for. On disc DLC simply should not exist, there is no justification for it. It's pure greed on the part of the industry and it's completely disgusting that people like you actually defend it.
---
"Jak and Daxter does not have a sequel so that doesn't prove anything." - DesperateMonkey
#58killakPosted 1/10/2013 6:57:16 PM
If it's on the disc, you paid for it when you bought the disc. They're just refusing to let you play it until you pay for it again.

Have you ever bought a PC application?
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#59blakbird13Posted 1/10/2013 7:05:02 PM
Every argument on Gamefaqs... Starts out "I like the PS3" ends up page after page of people arguing about the color of the sky... I'll game on anything with games I like but I'm not going to argue about the best system... Best game... Best Smart phone... Best tablet... When I was young people argued about things that made sense like the best car... Best bike... Best skateboard... Best Stereo...

I guess my point is we argue about everything... What was the question again?
#60docholliday504Posted 1/10/2013 7:22:13 PM
Mega Man 9 sucks because its too hard.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4