This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

God of war ascension MP is ATROCIOUS!!!

#21_tanjil_Posted 1/11/2013 8:11:14 AM(edited)
Laventor posted...
TheDon1981 posted...
WOW! Can't believe they messed that up.

Matches are too slow and boring, I played (and won) 4 matches, and we never managed to kill the cyclops... Combat is laggy, clunky and boring.

I guess the naysayers where right, MP is indeed tacked on and rushed.

A shame, deep down inside I was looking forward to it... :(

I can't help but feel that people confuse a beta with a demo.

True beta's are not demo's and will in most cases not reflect the final product.

Disclaimer: Not tried the beta multiplayer as I'm not a fan of multiplayer in general.

You're kinda wrong... more often then not aside from a few tweaks, a beta is a good idea of what the final product will be. In fact late into beta stages.. the only things that are fixed are crashes and any problem that's not cosmetic. Demo's are usually older beta versions then what testers are currently working on. I used to be a QA tester...

Anyone who's worked as one knows... say you're playing the GoW MP demo, it's gonna be based on beta build 2.01 while we're actually testing beta build 3. What's good about some public betas is that they give updates. So they can gather better information. Meaning when we're on beta build 4 or 3.2, whatever the next build is called, you might get an update for the last build we were on.

The same goes for offline demos...just you'll never get an update xD
#22skatrx9349Posted 1/11/2013 8:26:41 AM
TheDon1981 posted...

Matches are too slow and boring, I played (and won) 4 matches, and we never managed to kill the cyclops... Combat is laggy, clunky and boring.

If you've only played 4 matches then you obviously haven't given it a deep enough look. That's like saying you test drove a car by driving it around the lot.

Killing the cyclops is easy. Once you get the spear go to the side of the arena Polyphemus is on and use the spear to stun him. Then keep using it and your player will jump up and split his chin open.

Killing the cyclops gets you 1000 points. If you have 7000+ points it will trigger the cutscene of your team killing the cyclops. If you have less than 7k than you will just be rewarded 1000 points but the cutscene won't occur.

The main objective is to collect 8000 points, not kill the cyclops.

If you think those matches are too easy go play the Battle Royale mode where people are only focusing on killing each other without other objectives.
#23JohnHitman47Posted 1/11/2013 8:59:03 AM
ZeroV2 posted...
I agree with TC on every point

---
Still waiting for next gen.
#24Mystickay86Posted 1/11/2013 8:59:31 AM
Anyone know how many weapon sets(i.e - Hammer & Sword) there's going to be total? I know spear might be one I think based on DLC pre-order.
---
Official Gai of the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations board
#25HolyMcmolyPosted 1/11/2013 9:07:40 AM
I thought it was pretty damn good for a first attempt, and the combat's surprisingly deep. Better than a lot of fighting games I've played.
#26RemakeMePosted 1/11/2013 9:30:03 AM
Quote:Laventor posted...
I can't help but feel that people confuse a beta with a demo.

True beta's are not demo's and will in most cases not reflect the final product.

This isn't really true. A beta is a fully completed product that just needs some bugs worked out and balance issues resolved. All essential features have been implemented in a beta and if it's not fun, then the final version isn't going to be fun. Things like lag and weapon balance may be improved, but if the core game isn't fun in a beta then it's not going to be fun in the final version.

@DaLagga
Don't confuse demos with betas.Many Betas have been known to radically change from many final form
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#27hrjPosted 1/11/2013 9:32:19 AM
The multiplayer could be as ATROCIOUS as it wants.
As long as the single player is good, Im buying it day 1.
---
PSN/GT - Hennaboy
#28bob15xPosted 1/11/2013 10:12:25 AM
nclrwntr posted...
Yeah it's totally tacked on and rushed. Do you even know what that means? They've been working on the MP and doing closed betas for MONTHS. Tacked on and rushed is slapping an MP mode into the game a month before it ships, not planning for it from the outset and working on it for probably as long as the SP.

OMG MONTHS. It takes years to make a game, if it has been months, then yes, that is tacked on and rushed.
#29Legit-TrollPosted 1/11/2013 10:22:45 AM
TheDon1981 posted...

I downloaded the beta yesterday and definitely agree. All I did was press square square triangle and pressed circle for variety during the battles for 10 minutes until I fell asleep. Well, I'm not into repetitive hack and slash games to begin with but did enjoy the first 2 games. The single player portion should be good though.
#30TheDon1981(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:07:36 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
It's pretty boring once you figure it out. Plus the menus are a god awful mess, navigating to anything in particular is a PITA, the "lobbies" are non existent, all that happens is the game looks like it's freezing and then this list of names shows up on the right eventually.

The hell kind of "lobby" is that?

It just seems....blah.

Yes!
Exactly what I thought.
---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch