This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what generated the sales to push PS3 over the top?

#1darkphoenix181Posted 1/10/2013 3:10:48 PM
Lightning Returns Final Fantasy 13? For PS3 it is a top board but for XBOX it is not.
Could it be?
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#2Jon_GodPosted 1/10/2013 3:39:43 PM
I would guess it's M$ having totally dropped the ball last year or two.

-JG
---
PS3 Fan, but doesn't mind other systems. PSN: Jon_God, XBL: Ernie the Bear
http://savemgo.com/forums/
#3ace_two_maxPosted 1/10/2013 3:46:52 PM
Perhaps Christmas?
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!
#4lubmelubyouPosted 1/10/2013 3:49:04 PM(edited)
Good games. Better and more exclusives. The best pad. Free online. Best community. No mics. Better game cases with interior artwork. Blu Ray.
---
Buy a PC so you can have tomorrow's technology with yesterday's games, today!
#5mogar002Posted 1/10/2013 3:49:22 PM
science
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#6LaventorPosted 1/10/2013 3:57:49 PM
My guess would be on more exclusives. Microsoft doesn't have a whole lot, and of those they do have there isn't much variety in genre, while Sony has a fair variety of genre over it's exclusives.

I'd be doubtful of any 3rd party game that has / will be released on both systems will cause the PS3 to sell more than Xbox360.

If anything it's something Sony offers that appeals to people, it could also have to do with PS+ offering an instant library of games that reels people in.

It's all guesswork without sales numbers of things like exclusive games and PS+ subscriptions in comparison to past numbers.
#7nurnbergPosted 1/10/2013 5:18:03 PM(edited)
It could be that PS3 always outsold the 360 the whole time, yet 360 fanboys refused to see the truth. As a person who followed the sales for a long time, I know this. The 360 lead shortened slowly for years. Anyone with a brain knew that the PS3 would eventually overtake the 360.
---
Official Gamefaqs thread killer
#8FungumPosted 1/10/2013 5:22:36 PM
lubmelubyou posted...
Good games. Better and more exclusives. The best pad. Free online. Best community. No mics. Better game cases with interior artwork. Blu Ray.

Both have good games. "Better" exclusives is highly subjective. 360 controller is god-tier, DS3 is not. Both communities are full of obscene, obnoxious, and vulgar people. No mics because not enough ram l0l. Worse outside case design, same boring inside case design. Blu Ray is not a fighting stance for the PS3. hasn't been since 2008-2009.

Congratulations, you have one point that's not a total fanboy lie.

nurnberg posted...
It could be that PS3 always outsold the 360 the whole time, yet 360 fanboys refused to see the truth. As a person who followed the sales for a long time, I know this. The 360 lead shortened slowly for years. Anyone with a brain knew that the PS3 would eventually overtake the 360.

Not true in the slightest.
-----
ace_two_max posted...
Perhaps Christmas?

Jon_God posted...

-JG

Only two responses that have any merit and actually put forth a logical answer to TC's question.
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/10/2013 5:23:25 PM
Sony saw the future and while it hurt them in the beginning they had quality in store by a bigger margin.

It's still the only system with blu-ray built in. Yes please.
#10XSilverPhoenixXPosted 1/10/2013 5:25:57 PM
Fungum posted...
lubmelubyou posted...

Both have good games. "Better" exclusives is highly subjective. 360 controller is god-tier, DS3 is not. Both communities are full of obscene, obnoxious, and vulgar people. No mics because not enough ram l0l. Worse outside case design, same boring inside case design. Blu Ray is not a fighting stance for the PS3. hasn't been since 2008-2009.

Congratulations, you have one point that's not a total fanboy lie.

nurnberg posted...

Not true in the slightest.
-----
ace_two_max posted...
Perhaps Christmas?

Jon_God posted...

-JG

Only two responses that have any merit and actually put forth a logical answer to TC's question.

You saying a controller for people with large fat hands is god-tier makes you sound like a fanboy yourself.

The PS3 was designed for it's origin market which is Japan. You don't make a huge bulbous controller for people with smaller hands.