This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My third PS3 failure...is there any reason I should buy a replacement or a PS4?

#31RampantBlattPosted 1/11/2013 7:50:49 AM
LOL no.

I highly doubt you do those regular maintenance things.

I've never once bothered to clean my systems, ever, and I've never lost a single one.
#32Evel138Posted 1/11/2013 8:02:40 AM
#1: There is a certain grace period by which you'll be covered after paying a repair charge. What that length of time is however, I'm not sure. As far as your warranty...did you register your product when you bought it? If so, you should be good to go.

#2: Yes, I would. **** happens and just like I've yet to have my 360 or PS3 break down, I understand others have had problems. If you enjoy the product, then you simply have to accept that reality. ***** happens. Sometimes more often than not for certain people.

#3: I wish I had an answer, but I'm not particularly interested in high def movies. I think I own 4 BR in 5 years of having a BR player at my disposal.

Wish you luck on that warranty.....and if not, and you can wait that long, summer trade shows and the new Xbox/PlayStation reveals. Hopefully the new PS has BR and BC, then you can just sink the cost of a repair or new PS3 into the PS4.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006
#33Nicodimus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:06:23 AM
I highly doubt you do those regular maintenance things.

That's nice.

I am much more into home theater than gaming, so yes, I really do dust all of my gear once a week, including the PS3.
---
"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right." -Henry Ford
#34vashtrichamPosted 1/11/2013 8:13:59 AM
Good thing you dont game or watch movies on Xbox if your worried about the ps3 reliability.

Ive had 1 launch day PS3 and 8 xboxs since its launch the first lasting 6 months.
---
I just stabbed a parking attendant... Wheres the button to turn myself in- Hank Hill
#35Nicodimus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:18:08 AM
Good thing you dont game or watch movies on Xbox if your worried about the ps3 reliability.

I recently sold my Xbox. It worked fine from 2005 to 2012. However, I didn't like it much, and rarely played it. The controller is terribly uncomfortable for me (same design problem as the Dreamcast controller) the interface is bloated with ads and I didn't really like the way it was organized, and most of the games for it that I would have bought were also on the PS3. The only reason I kept it that long was because I love Mass Effect. Once that came out for the PS3, I got rid of the 360.
---
#36KaliestoPosted 1/11/2013 8:18:25 AM
I would wait till we all fully know what the PS4 is going to offer.
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#37master_chief_82Posted 1/11/2013 8:23:03 AM
Could be u have an electrical problem causing your ps3s to defect, but in reality everything that's man-made will eventually fail. No reason to give up on ps3.
#38Valnor50Posted 1/11/2013 8:26:42 AM
You seem to have a lot of unsolvable PS3 problems that everyone else solves pretty easily.
#39Nicodimus(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 8:28:17 AM
Um...guys...it's good to actually read the thread. The problem has been fixed.
---
#40Shadow CloudPosted 1/11/2013 8:35:26 AM
I actually have reliable issues with my PS3 as well despite keeping in a safe spot and cleaning it.

1. 60 GB from launch, it YLoDed on me sometime in 2009.
2. Slim PS3, it stopped playing PS3 games (movies and PS1 games work fine) sometime in 2011.

So I'm on my third PS3 for awhile now. I am a little bit wary that at the Blu-Ray drive emits a long hum sometimes at the start of a movie/game.