This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

And people wonder why the west crushes Japan in game sales.

#41656stoogePosted 1/11/2013 4:59:09 AM
Lol. FC2 is one of my favourite games this gen, but FC3 is insultingly bad. The writing in the game is clearly aimed at 15 year olds and they striped everything good out of FC2 and replaced it for a more shallow experience.

FC2 worked hard to make sure the player never left the rich world they created. FC3 flashes up mission reminders literally every minute and a half and instantly fails you and resets the game if you stray from the linear mission objective.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#42wstfldPosted 1/11/2013 5:00:42 AM
Only kids play games in Japan, so they make games for kids. Gamers in America are much older.
---
Last Played: FTL (9.5/10)
Now Playing: XCOM Enemy Unknown, Civilzation V, FTL
#43majin nemesisPosted 1/11/2013 5:06:47 AM
wstfld posted...
Only kids play games in Japan, so they make games for kids. Gamers in America are much older.

adults in japan play too and what does that have to do with this topic?
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#44656stoogePosted 1/11/2013 5:08:20 AM
wstfld posted...

****ing agreed!!! Lets smoke a joint and have a shot of black Sambuca. From my fathers black card to my black card! Mother****ing 'aye!

My names Buck and I like to ****! Should have used a rubber though. It burns like hell when I pee. It'sI think that ***** gave me the clap.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQ_wbc3Z5C8
#45TimeOfTheDark(Topic Creator)Posted 1/11/2013 2:07:09 PM
Sorry, but NNK is garbage, and the fact that it's being praised by the usual weeaboos and japanese, shows they will praise anything from Japan. There is nothing revolutionary there. It's got random battles, graphics and gameplay that could have existed on the original playstation or N64 or something, and it's another, overly cutesy cartoon game about a who no doubt saves the world with love or friendship or *insert typical japanese rpg cliche here*

People seeing Far Cry 3 has guns and go "OMG ANOTHER BORING FPS" are missing out. It's like the crowd that did the same with Deus Ex and missed out.

In fact, Far Cry 3 has many rpg elements. Leveling up and getting new skills and abilities. Getting stronger and getting more powerful equipment. Quests and exploration. Lots of immersion. FC3 also pushes current generation consoles to their near limits as well. NNK wouldn't push a N64 to it's limit.

I'm a jrpg hater? Is that why I posted a HUGE list of SNES to PS2 jrpgs I own(talking physical copies of the games too, cuz I know you all love your ROMs and think it's the same). The thing is, JRPG hit it's golden age, and the genre never really evolved from that. NNK is proof of that, just the same old formula again and again. Only SE seems to care about at least making their same old rpgs look visually good. Everyone else just churns out these outdated looking cheap games that look like they were made with RPGmaker or something.
#46theshovellerPosted 1/11/2013 2:15:12 PM(edited)
I'll admit - not a lot of JRPGs nowadays interest me, but I'm a fan of Miyazaki's movies, so I'm getting Ni No Kuni. Conversely, while I like shooters, I don't think the Farcry games are my thing - I tried the second one, and just wasn't digging it too much.

Can't people just play what they like, and leave other people alone? I mean, does everyone have to have the same opinion 100% of the time?

Edited because somehow I put JEPG instead of JRPG. What was I doing, listing a dyslexic image file format?
#47schadowPosted 1/11/2013 2:22:00 PM
theshoveller posted...
Can't people just play what they like, and leave other people alone?

No they can't. That's the whole point of console boards. What else would they discuss? How to put the disc in the tray?
---
Soundcloud.com/komodovaran
My humble hobby project. Comment/rate if you have the spare time!
#48RampantBlattPosted 1/11/2013 2:23:38 PM
That is because the West has the highest population of dudebro casuals.

Far Cry 3 is fine if you like that specific style.

Too bad I like NNK more.

Also, since when do game sales mean much?
#49theshovellerPosted 1/11/2013 2:25:49 PM
schadow posted...
theshoveller posted...
Can't people just play what they like, and leave other people alone?

No they can't. That's the whole point of console boards. What else would they discuss? How to put the disc in the tray?

Yeah, I know, it's kind of asking a bit too much for some intelligent discussion from some of the people on this board. (That's honestly not a subtle jab at you - there's a few guys on here who couldn't do "intelligent discussion" if they got walloped with a 32-volume encyclopedia in book form upside their head.)