This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The One Thing Japanese Games Does Better Than The West: WOMEN.

#51Large_TonberryPosted 1/11/2013 5:41:24 AM
Personally I don't like characters to be designed exclusively to appeal to otaku fetishes, so Western design automatically wins for me. Most Japanese designed females have the most obnoxiously fake high pitched voices, and act like ditsy morons half the time, all while having absurdly propotioned breasts and creepy faces. Not my cup of tea at all.
#52thisranksPosted 1/11/2013 5:44:34 AM
To start i voted in the middle, but that's only because what i would have chosen wasn't there. However...

Am i missing something here or did the TC pick a specific Japanese game and then pick "some western game"? I smell bias ... oh, wait ... it's regionally based. Gotta love how much the regionally challenged continue to try, though. I'd suggest starting by boosting that I.Q. over 10.

Oh, and you obviously missed Dragon Age: Origins. I absolutely love Leliana's character.

But that's beside the point. If you love the female figure T+A are going to be win no matter how they are drawn. You only want us to choose one or the other just so someone can agree with you. I'll pass because it's a win-win situation.
---
Elf this....Elf that....I'll Elf your mother.
Yuki Nagato FTW
#53OtakuGameraPosted 1/11/2013 5:45:53 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/meet-the-women-of-the-witcher-2-200563.phtml

my eyes!!
---
PSVita no games? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/64767381
http://www.atlus.com/res/p4g_faithful_reviews_1.jpg
#54majin nemesisPosted 1/11/2013 5:49:47 AM
both japanese and the western games have good looking women
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#55ZurrurPosted 1/11/2013 5:59:34 AM
I agree western games don't have any good females, they are just shallow objects without personality
#56docholliday504Posted 1/11/2013 8:40:47 AM
HaloODSTD posted...
docholliday504 posted...
HaloODSTD posted...
docholliday504 posted...
The TC posts a blurry picture of cortana vs an entire video of women from yakuza. Refers to the picture as "some westerner game" yet his screename references Halo. Don't feed the troll...oh wait I just did.

my screenname mocks Halo...thought you were clever enough to know that.....oh wait guess not.

So you're mocking a game series that you know nothing about?

I played every Halo game except Halo Wars, I've put over 500 hours in Halo Reach, 600 in Halo 2 and Halo 3

Then why did you act like you couldn't even identify one of the 2 main characters in your initial post?
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#57Yi LongPosted 1/11/2013 8:45:25 AM
Yes, because in Japanese games, women are still allowed to be -just- SEXY, while in western games developers feel the need to turn them into everything-but-sexy (strong, smart, smart-mouthed, bossy, independent, etc etc), out of fear of being called 'sexist'.
#58deadmarvPosted 1/11/2013 9:39:32 AM
Lol at this loli loving poll.
---
All PS3 owners should boycott Bethesda.
#59TehRYNOLPosted 1/11/2013 9:58:22 AM
Not necessarily. I wouldn't say that either the Japanese or the West design the better women in general. I think it varies from game to game. Most of my favourite female video game characters are from Japanese games though, but that might just be because I play more Japanese games anyway.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#60Evel138Posted 1/11/2013 10:03:32 AM
Sure, if you're into "women" with the physique of a 10 yr old boy. Though, some Eastern artists do show appreciation for Western women.....where a woman is actually shaped like a woman lol.

......and don't get me started on the anime eye. Done at a subtle scale, its acceptable, but when they start pushing that scale to screech owl proportions......well, "creepy" is an understatement.
---
GT/PSN: Evel138 Sackboy
http://fav.me/d5qo006