This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with less than 100 ps3 games isn't a gamer

#311BlinkWinkelPosted 1/13/2013 4:12:08 PM
ExtremeLight posted...
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
BlinkWinkel posted...
Someone with 100 games and less than 10 platinum trophies isn't a true gamer.

i agree. 10% platinum to game ratio is great

So 100 games and 10 platinums? A waste of money. You're not even making the most out of these games.

That's why someone can't be considered a true gamer if he has 100 games and can't even get 10% platinum ratio minimum.

Personally I have less than 50 PS3 games, but a ~50% platinum ratio. So who's the true gamer? Someone who has 100 games but zero platinum, or someone with less than 50 games but half of those games platinumed? Just saying.
#312ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 4:20:36 PM
BlinkWinkel posted...
ExtremeLight posted...
BlinkWinkel posted...
Someone with 100 games and less than 10 platinum trophies isn't a true gamer.

i agree. 10% platinum to game ratio is great

So 100 games and 10 platinums? A waste of money. You're not even making the most out of these games.

That's why someone can't be considered a true gamer if he has 100 games and can't even get 10% platinum ratio minimum.

Personally I have less than 50 PS3 games, but a ~50% platinum ratio. So who's the true gamer? Someone who has 100 games but zero platinum, or someone with less than 50 games but half of those games platinumed? Just saying.

the person with 100 games because he is supporting the industry. and besides, im sure you have mostly easy plats
#313ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2013 7:28:53 PM
Bump
#314pizzaman95Posted 1/13/2013 7:34:26 PM
Yes, you're definitely gonna find someone who will agree with you at this rate.
---
This is where I sometimes put jokes, references and such.
#315BlinkWinkelPosted 1/13/2013 11:15:30 PM
the person with 100 games because he is supporting the industry. and besides, im sure you have mostly easy plats

Not every gamer is rich enough to buy 100 games you know, besides any rich individual who never played any games before could be "instantly turned into a gamer" by buying 100 games, so that argument is invalid. It's the quality that matters, not the quantity. A true gamer will at least finish most of the games he buys.

And out of 22 of my platinums so far, only 4 were easy ones. The rest were all normal/hard/very hard platinums. Ones that were especially hard to get were Star Ocean, Legasista, Disgaea 4, Cross Edge, Record of Agarest War and Atelier Rorona:

http://psnprofiles.com/BlinkWinkel/log?sort=rarity&rarity=platinums&dir=asc#content
#316MegaMettaurPosted 1/13/2013 11:29:24 PM
ITT: You dictate what makes a person a gamer.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#317theofficefan99Posted 1/13/2013 11:35:35 PM
hotgirlsarehot posted...
Most people barely scrap by with 40k or less

I'm sure if you spend $100 a month on food, $80 for a bus pass or $200 for gas, $400 for rent, and $80 for a monthly phone bill...

the total is $10320. That's $29000 of leftover play money

$100 a month on food? What do you eat? 99 cent noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner?

$200 for gas? With these prices? Do you drive 5 miles a week or something?

From the sounds of it, everything is magically much cheaper for you.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#318theofficefan99Posted 1/13/2013 11:38:36 PM(edited)
People who care about how many games you platinum are tools, especially since it's obvious that a vast majority of developers don't care about trophies at all and just throw them in there last minute, and yet so many people eat it up as if it's actual content.

I'm very proud of my 0% platinum rate. I'll invest my time into actual content and something that's actually rewarding, thank you very much.
---
"Dyin' is easy. It's the livin' that's hard..." Grim Reaper, Maximo vs. The Army of Zin
#319legionofpancakePosted 1/13/2013 11:43:28 PM
So... the fact that I have been dedicated to video games since I was about five years old, own games from even before I was born, have almost every current gen and quite a few previous gen consoles, can explain multiple game series' storylines almost 100%, and have learned an immense deal of game theory means I'm not a true gamer because I don't own a certain amount of PS3 games? Sorry to fly off the handle that way, but... really?
---
Well, Courtney Gears didn't seem to mind.
88 Fingers Louie were a hardcore punk band. 88 Fingers Eddward was a nickname on Ed Edd'nEddy. Pretty cool reference.
#320TerotrousPosted 1/14/2013 9:49:13 AM
It's interesting how many people in this topic get very defensive. I guess that other topic about how people don't care about the "gamer" label is clearly wrong.

I mean, I would think you'd be able to quickly realize that the TC is clearly a dope and not take that figure seriously. That being said, I suspect one could probably buy around 100 PS3 games if they exhausted all of the good stuff it has.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery