This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone with less than 100 ps3 games isn't a gamer

#321MegaMettaurPosted 1/14/2013 10:15:40 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
People who care about how many games you platinum are tools, especially since it's obvious that a vast majority of developers don't care about trophies at all and just throw them in there last minute, and yet so many people eat it up as if it's actual content.

I'm very proud of my 0% platinum rate. I'll invest my time into actual content and something that's actually rewarding, thank you very much.

this
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO
#322TerotrousPosted 1/14/2013 10:24:43 AM
theofficefan99 posted...
People who care about how many games you platinum are tools, especially since it's obvious that a vast majority of developers don't care about trophies at all and just throw them in there last minute, and yet so many people eat it up as if it's actual content.

I'm very proud of my 0% platinum rate. I'll invest my time into actual content and something that's actually rewarding, thank you very much.

I also agree with this, basically every platinum forces you to do something that's tremendously unfun to get it and thus there's no shame in not having any of them. But that's kind of beside the general point that specifying any exact criteria of "what makes a gamer" is clearly dumb.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Die Hard"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#323MilesACPosted 1/14/2013 10:42:14 AM
I have 4 games.

Nba 2k13
Gran turismo 5
The walking dead
Ps all stars.
---
XBL & PSN ID: MilesAC87
#324ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:05:30 PM
Stanger5150 posted...
ps3_gamer_norge posted...
You should have at least 150 games though, otherwise you can't call yourself a true gamer.

You don't get to determine what a f****** gamer
is. Play video games? You're a gamer, period.

Besides, I have almost 200 PS3 games and 900 total across all platforms. I'm still not more of a gamer than anyone else here.

The term "true gamer" needs to be abandoned already. A "true gamer" doesn't exist, and it's only used to start s***.

TL:DR version for the intellectually disabled: Get the f*** out of here with that bull****, and get over yourself.

http://images.retecool.com/uploads/reet-hermanfalkenstein.jpg
#325kriztoferPosted 1/14/2013 6:13:34 PM
Proud to not be a true gamer
---
Somber,dark and original
http://crestfallenstill.fourfour.com/
#326DarkFoxVPosted 1/14/2013 6:14:12 PM
Over 100 PS3 titles? In this economy?

Unless you're bringing home well over $70,000 a year or live alone/with parents (no shame in it when the average apartment goes for over $1000+ a month in your area) and only have a PS3. I don't see it being a wise thing at all.
---
"Legends never die"
#327ps3_gamer_norge(Topic Creator)Posted 1/14/2013 6:18:00 PM
DarkFoxV posted...
Over 100 PS3 titles? In this economy?

Unless you're bringing home well over $70,000 a year or live alone/with parents (no shame in it when the average apartment goes for over $1000+ a month in your area) and only have a PS3. I don't see it being a wise thing at all.

I'm curious, which jobs gives you a salary of under $70,000 if you have any degree other than English or art?
#328ExtremeLightPosted 1/14/2013 6:22:42 PM
theofficefan99 posted...

What? Like the purpose of Platinum is to get you to beat the game 100%. They actually keep you with the game. Heck you could even learn something from the trophies you get.
---
Versus XIII is coming in 2014, GTA5 will be awesome, and PS4/Xbox 720 is coming in Dec. Lightning Return will be super awesome and I don't care what you think!
#329boredofyouPosted 1/14/2013 9:52:02 PM
I disagree. If you have over 100 ps3 games you are no longer a gamer, you sir, are an addict.

If you make a topic proclaiming others should follow your preconceived notion of what a gamer is, you are also foolish.
---
If you fell for it, it isn't cheap. It is just something that works on you. Adapt.. Or curl up in the fetal position, your call.
#330BlinkWinkelPosted 1/17/2013 10:45:28 AM
ExtremeLight posted...
theofficefan99 posted...

What? Like the purpose of Platinum is to get you to beat the game 100%. They actually keep you with the game. Heck you could even learn something from the trophies you get.

Yeah, better for the wallet too if you buy less games and play the ones you have more. I rarely used to finish my games 100% before the trophy system.